Worst Review of an RX I've ever Seen.

Reactions
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...50-f-sport-review-the-ur-crossover-overworked

This is probably one of the worst, most opinionated review from clearly a reporter not an automotive journalist I have ever seen. She says the car drive like Jello? Very descriptive....(sarcasm) She also compares the performance to the Audi Q5 and tries to say for the same money as the F-Sport model you could have Cayenne.

First of all, you could have a "Base Cayenne" a bare bones no leather seating small wheels Cayenne. A far cry from a fully loaded F-Sport RX. Same with the Audi, if you option up the bigger engine, it lists for about 1k cheaper in base bare bones trim, and also its a significantly smaller car and competes with the NX200t (hence the base engine in the Audi being a 2.0T with similar pricing)

In my opinion the new RX is a great design, if you don't like the big grill, get the non F-Sport. Compared to the BMW X5, MB GLE(The new ML) etc it looks much more modern and stylish.

I have already expressed my displeasure with this terrible review on twitter the writer's personal twitter and bloomberg, question they are even making auto reviews since they have no business making them, I suggest you do the same.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Everyone, of course, is entitled to their opinions, including her. But, having done a full-review of the new RX myself, I have to disagree with most of her comments, except perhaps for the grille and razor-lines up front. I thought, overall, Lexus did a far better job on the new RX than they did on the NX.....the RX is much more pleasant to drive. And, contrary to her comments, it also does well against (at least) those of its competitors that I have sampled.

CorradoMR2 said:
With the exception of the seats, she trashed the RX in everything else. She's obviously in the right while 100K people, yearly, are not.

She did slip in a few nice comments, though, about the brakes, engine, and safety features.....it was not a total pan.

So, overall, while not impressed, I wouldn't go quite as far as the original poster in panning the lady, but no, judging from this article, she is definitely not the best auto reviewer I've come across. That's usually the case, BTW, with most reviews that are extremely one-sided either way. Every vehicle has its share of good and bad features, and, IMO, the best reviews (and reviewers) will be fair and unbiased with both......notwithstanding the fact that not everyone will always agree on what is considered a good or bad feature in the first place.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...50-f-sport-review-the-ur-crossover-overworked

This is probably one of the worst, most opinionated review from clearly a reporter not an automotive journalist I have ever seen. She says the car drive like Jello? Very descriptive....(sarcasm) She also compares the performance to the Audi Q5 and tries to say for the same money as the F-Sport model you could have Cayenne.

First of all, you could have a "Base Cayenne" a bare bones no leather seating small wheels Cayenne. A far cry from a fully loaded F-Sport RX. Same with the Audi, if you option up the bigger engine, it lists for about 1k cheaper in base bare bones trim, and also its a significantly smaller car and competes with the NX200t (hence the base engine in the Audi being a 2.0T with similar pricing)

In my opinion the new RX is a great design, if you don't like the big grill, get the non F-Sport. Compared to the BMW X5, MB GLE(The new ML) etc it looks much more modern and stylish.

I have already expressed my displeasure with this terrible review on twitter the writer's personal twitter and bloomberg, question they are even making auto reviews since they have no business making them, I suggest you do the same.

Agreed, it was so bad didn't even bother to share it in the main forum. I agree they have no business doing reviews, it was very poorly done.