Will Genesis hurt Lexus?

Reactions
Infiniti has nothing to worry about. Their fate has already been determined a few years ago by Carlos Ghosn. Nissan can't even get out their first post-Tesla electric car before Toyota (late to the party?), so don't dream of an electric FX.
I almost forgot about the Ariya...they keep postponing its release, while Hyundai already brought out the Ioniq 5, and Kia is about to ship the EV6 to dealers. I've test driven a Leaf, and its so meh.

mikeavelli

Reactions

What’s crazy is Genesis is only 2,000 units away from acura last month. I can’t find Nissan but I assume they were close again to Infiniti.

Lexus is fine.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

What’s crazy is Genesis is only 2,000 units away from acura last month. I can’t find Nissan but I assume they were close again to Infiniti.

Lexus is fine.

Well, that is likely because Acura dealers do not have vehicles they can sell on the lots, while Genesis apparently does.

Product wise, Genesis invested a lot more in their lineup than Acura.
They just need to invest a lot more into branding in order for luxury buyer to actually consider them.

If Hyundai invests billions into branding, etc, vehicles are already good and they will be able to sell them.
But, you cant do that with pop up stores in Europe, they are not Tesla. Nobody knows who they are, they are selling traditional vehicles, just trying to save money by not investing into dealerships and branding.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Genesis SUVs are really, really appealing, even comparing to the new NX and RX. I wouldn't be surprised that Genesis would be top 3 in luxury SUV market in the coming years. Acura and Infiniti are going downhill crazily fast. I wonder what they've been doing in all these years. It seems they have not been investing at all in newer models.