Lexus GS When you have a GS obsession...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Nice shot. Quite a collection. :)

Of the three, I'd probably take the '98, even at an older age and (probably) more miles. I liked the build-solidness of the earlier GS models, compared to the 2006 and later models.

ThomasGS4

Fan
Reactions

Of the three, I'd probably take the '98, even at an older age and (probably) more miles. I liked the build-solidness of the earlier GS models, compared to the 2006 and later models.

Would have to agree, hence the reason she is still around today!

Reactions

WE have a 02 GS430 this car rocks,solid,quite and quick 2nd owners with only 120,000 miles...I had a chance to open it up one on rt 295 hit 120mph she wanted to go more...

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
WE have a 02 GS430 this car rocks,solid,quite and quick 2nd owners with only 120,000 miles...I had a chance to open it up one on rt 295 hit 120mph she wanted to go more...

Not a wise move, IMO. Are you talking about I-295 in D.C.? That road is usually far too gridlocked for high speeds like that (unless you are out at 2 or 3 AM), D.C. speed-enforcement is quite strict, and the road itself is not in the best of shape in spots.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Not a wise move, IMO. Are you talking about I-295 in D.C.? That road is usually far too gridlocked for high speeds like that (unless you are out at 2 or 3 AM), D.C. speed-enforcement is quite strict, and the road itself is not in the best of shape in spots.

All true, but either D.C. enforcement ignores large black sedans or I've been incredibly lucky a couple of times :)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
All true, but either D.C. enforcement ignores large black sedans or I've been incredibly lucky a couple of times :)

Probably some of both. Even 24-hour police patrol can't nab all of the speeders. D.C., though, now has cameras...and, without devices to hide one's license elate, they are harder to evade.