What would you pick and why?

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
What I wouldnt do is go shopping for luxury cars, then limit myself to only the most basic configurations.

Just go buy the Toyota. If you're nickel and diming off the start, you probably wont be happy with the maintenance and service costs compared to the Toyota.

Haha if it was only so simple. Well its simple GX-> Basic or Premium or Luxury you cant move away from the 2010s interior, lower power, and lack of infotainment and safety options

RX, although still riding on the K platform, has alot of modern niceties, but the current gen Highlander just seems to match it at the top specs, and then bests by getting the following:

The package has long included a number of driver-assist and active safety features for drivers. The update will apparently add enhancements to the precollision system to support left turns at an intersection. Additionally, the adaptive cruise control system will reportedly add something called "Curve Speed Management" and the lane-keep assist feature will grow smarter to read lines better. Finally, a new feature dubbed "Risk Avoidance Emergency Steering" will be onboard.

There are some developments, that he told me hes had with dealers so I`ll post it when I get them.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I would go with the Highlander. My sister just picked one up. I borrowed it for a week and actually liked it quite a bit. It was a pretty good daily.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
To update,

1) I have to give credit to the dealer reps accommodating weird requests in the current times.

So we just got back from the local lexus dealership. We were there today to test drive a used 16 GX and a 16 RX.....why you may ask, well friend wanted to see how solid both vehicles after 3-4 years of use...

My thoughts vs friends thoughts:

-I personally didnt find much difference.
-I think squeaks are normal for unibody vehicles since the entire vehicle is the chassis, while BOF vehicles it depends on the quality of the parts.

-His thoughts were
a) RX had squeaks when the chassis was flexed (pulling in and out of the dealership).
b) GX seemed to be a bit louder then a new GX.

Tomorrow is test driving a used Highlander!

Stay tuned

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Didnt accompany the used Highlander, but all I heard post test drive was the Highlander, although same MY as the other GX and RX, seemed to be "much more noisier" the plastics seemed to wear much faster.

Those test drives have muddled the clarity he was working with towards going with a highlander. Long term he wants something stout, that easy to live, vault like feeling, and maintenance is not really an issue. The GX may be back on the table of all things, even with a 10 year old interior, infotainment, odd rear door/hatch, and lack of the modern safety suite found in the RX or Highlander.

As usual I`ll keep this updated!