What Does the New Toyota Prius Mean for the Next-Generation Lexus CT?

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
CIF
15-10-18-lexus-toyota-prius-400x200.jpg

Toyota released technical details for the 2016 Prius this week, and these new improvements will play a big factor for the next-generation Lexus CT.
View the original article post

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
All good for the new CT, but I wish someone would explain to me why Lexus/Toyota can't or won't give us a plug-in option for their hybrids.

Madi

Fan
Reactions
All good for the new CT, but I wish someone would explain to me why Lexus/Toyota can't or won't give us a plug-in option for their hybrids.
There is a PLUG-IN HYBRID option for PRIUS only since last generation .

For LEXUS the customers doesn't have that interest with fuel economy, the main purpose of the HYBRID on LUXURY vehicle is the quietness that HYBRID has, thus the normal HYBRID fit the purpose.

In addition the PLUG-IN of TOYOTA is too expensive.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I can't see it not being a 50 MPG vehicle next time. Also looking at the engineering with the new platform, the CT should sort out better the sport/ride balance. Always been a CT fan so excited!!

Michael

Fan
Reactions
There is a PLUG-IN HYBRID option for PRIUS only since last generation .

For LEXUS the customers doesn't have that interest with fuel economy, the main purpose of the HYBRID on LUXURY vehicle is the quietness that HYBRID has, thus the normal HYBRID fit the purpose.

In addition the PLUG-IN of TOYOTA is too expensive.
If Lexus came out with a plug in CT the starting price would be close to $45,000 to $60,000.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
It would be very awesome if Lexus would expand the CT line. It appears members would like to have a CT 300h, CT 200t and even a plug-in CT. Lexus has the various powertrains/technologies now all Lexus has to do is execute...

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
It would be very awesome if Lexus would expand the CT line. It appears members would like to have a CT 300h, CT 200t and even a plug-in CT. Lexus has the various powertrains/technologies now all Lexus has to do is execute...

Good point though pricing might be a factor in (not) offering a plug-in model which could easily hit 45K US /52K Can which would be a tough pill to swallow.

Michael

Fan
Reactions
I think Lexus CT plug should used the Toyota Rav4 EV platform.