2021-Toyota-Supra-4-Cylinder-1.jpg

Nissan-Z-Proto-interior-detail-4.jpg

2021-Toyota-Supra-4-Cylinder-9.jpg

Nissan-Z-Prototype-59.jpg

2021-Toyota-Supra-3-0-24.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Supra fanboys can roast me, but the Z is the more impressive car to me because Nissan built it and it's coming with a solid Nissan motor. The Zupra is what it is, but as a longtime Toyota fan (and a family that grew up with Supras!) the car is not interesting to me or many others because of the BMW hardware. You can argue with me and try to tell me I'm wrong - I've done plenty of research and am not interested in anecdotal forum fairytales. Rumors of an A100, Toyota-built Supra might be more interesting. A V35A-FTS TTV6 Supra should have happened... most of the Supra owners I know do not give a damn about whether it's a V or inline configuration - they want a rock solid, tunable Toyota motor that's a spiritual successor to the 2JZ. V35A would have been great for that.

I was at the dealer yesterday and talked to a tech who told me they are starting to have some BMW-like issues with Supras: dash full of lights, cars going into limp mode randomly, electronic problems, and owners being unhappy with service costs because the cars have to be completely reprogrammed every time they go in for maintenance. No thank you.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Supra fanboys can roast me, but the Z is the more impressive car to me because Nissan built it and it's coming with a solid Nissan motor. The Zupra is what it is, but as a longtime Toyota fan (and a family that grew up with Supras!) the car is not interesting to me or many others because of the BMW hardware. You can argue with me and try to tell me I'm wrong - I've done plenty of research and am not interested in anecdotal forum fairytales. Rumors of an A100, Toyota-built Supra might be more interesting. A V35A-FTS TTV6 Supra should have happened... most of the Supra owners I know do not give a damn about whether it's a V or inline configuration - they want a rock solid, tunable Toyota motor that's a spiritual successor to the 2JZ. V35A would have been great for that.

I was at the dealer yesterday and talked to a tech who told me they are starting to have some BMW-like issues with Supras: dash full of lights, cars going into limp mode randomly, electronic problems, and owners being unhappy with service costs because the cars have to be completely reprogrammed every time they go in for maintenance. No thank you.

This 100%. Nissan listened to what people wanted and delivered. I don't care how good of car the Supra is, it doesn't represent Toyota or Supra's of the past. No one one wanted a BMW, no one wanted a marginally cheaper Cayman or a beefed up 86, no one prioritized inline 6 'heritage' over a Toyota V6. That fact that there are legit comparisons between the MKIV and MKV show how much the missed the mark on what the Supra once was.

Also the way engineers speak of the Z and Supra differ significantly. The Nissan engineer wanted to make a true Z, and the Tada San used this car to satisfy his Cayman wet dream.

Reactions

I LOLED at the last part. Also, Gecko it's quite funny that you choose not to believe the same people who told us exactly what's going on for this project way before everything became revealed. Are you just choosing to be ignorant or what? Or are you just unhappy from the time you had in the SupraMkV forums? There are a lot of people who dislike the current GR Supra who are still active users on that forum so don't think you getting banned was because of you hating on the GR Supra or the project in general (at least this is what you told me).

Nissan already had a platform to build off of. Toyota didn't, for around 20 years. What the hell do you expect?

I was at the dealer yesterday and talked to a tech who told me they are starting to have some BMW-like issues with Supras: dash full of lights, cars going into limp mode randomly, electronic problems, and owners being unhappy with service costs because the cars have to be completely reprogrammed every time they go in for maintenance.

Not to be that guy, but that tech could just be overexaggerating everything. As great as Toyota is, the work culture in stealerships is a dog-eat-dog environment. He could have just pulled that right outta his butt. And you know what let's just say what he said is true. How many cars have been having that issue hm? Almost none in comparison to how much they've built so far.

I don't have an issue with people having their reservations about the GR Supra. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. HOWEVER, when you also outwardly have high expectations and ask Toyota (out of all companies) to build everything themselves after they left the scene for around 2 decades is outrageous. I also would have LOVED to see everything being Toyota, but if this was their best solution, and I also do know some things that are coming in the pipeline, then the enthusiast-minded people at Toyota truly cares. It's the same issue that we have with Lexus and it's the bean counters. At least Toyota had balls to do the partnership with BMW anyways. Mind you, Toyota and BMW have been partnered up for almost a decade and will continue to share technologies.

You also say you want an all-Toyota A100 Supra. Well you know what, you may just get your wish. But the A100 would have NEVER happened if it wasn't for this codevelopment. Period. This isn't anecdotal fairytales. Just facts.

You can't just have all of these expectations when you know that financially and in terms of the overall car market it doesn't make any sense. If it was the Japanese bubble era, sure. You would be 100% right, but this isn't those times anymore. I will say that this wouldn't have happened if Toyota didn't give up on the Supra in 2002.

Toyota doesn't make 25 BILLION DOLLARS a year in profit from doing whatever they wanted. They always made calculated decisions. Look at Porsche for example. When they were in a tough time in the late 90's they decided to build a more affordable sports car by the name of the Boxster. Who helped them achieve that goal? Oh right, Toyota. They used a lot of Toyota engineering and manufacturing techniques for the first ever Boxster and the 996 911. The egg-shaped headlights was because of Toyota's influence. Now look, those two cars became an instant success, then they built the Cayenne and the rest is history.

......they want a rock solid, tunable Toyota motor that's a spiritual successor to the 2JZ. V35A would have been great for that.

LMFAO. Buddy, you just described the B58. And I had to LOL again, V35A tunable? With the Denso ECU that cockblocks you every time you want to try to give it a shot at cracking it? Yikes. Yeah okay you totally did your "research" all right. I shouldn't even bother telling you this but I will. Watch some videos on the B58. I'll even help you with a video in particular.

This man is a renowned race team owner who has many years of experience in drag racing and Formula D. If Stephan freaking Papadakis is outwardly saying that "hey, this is actually pretty f*cking good", then it's god damn good. That's only a chunk of what you can research on the internet regarding the B58. Tuning potential with this car is through the roof and now many cars are RELIABLY so far doing 600 horsepower to the wheels (to get higher numbers you'd need to invest in more parts but for many people 600 wheel is enough, and around or past 700 or so wheel, the limiting factor is the transmission) and easily hits ~9.8 seconds in the quarter mile.

But yeah since you're an expert, I guess if stress-testing every single engine part, blowing up the entire engine 3 times on purpose, and shakedown testing the car at 700 horsepower isn't enough for you, then nothing is. You can enjoy your archaic Lexus products from the Bush administration.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I LOLED at the last part. Also, Gecko it's quite funny that you choose not to believe the same people who told us exactly what's going on for this project way before everything became revealed. Are you just choosing to be ignorant or what? Or are you just unhappy from the time you had in the SupraMkV forums? There are a lot of people who dislike the current GR Supra who are still active users on that forum so don't think you getting banned was because of you hating on the GR Supra or the project in general (at least this is what you told me).

Nissan already had a platform to build off of. Toyota didn't, for around 20 years. What the hell do you expect?

Not to be that guy, but that tech could just be overexaggerating everything. As great as Toyota is, the work culture in stealerships is a dog-eat-dog environment. He could have just pulled that right outta his butt. And you know what let's just say what he said is true. How many cars have been having that issue hm? Almost none in comparison to how much they've built so far.

I don't have an issue with people having their reservations about the GR Supra. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. HOWEVER, when you also outwardly have high expectations and ask Toyota (out of all companies) to build everything themselves after they left the scene for around 2 decades is outrageous. I also would have LOVED to see everything being Toyota, but if this was their best solution, and I also do know some things that are coming in the pipeline, then the enthusiast-minded people at Toyota truly cares. It's the same issue that we have with Lexus and it's the bean counters. At least Toyota had balls to do the partnership with BMW anyways. Mind you, Toyota and BMW have been partnered up for almost a decade and will continue to share technologies.

You also say you want an all-Toyota A100 Supra. Well you know what, you may just get your wish. But the A100 would have NEVER happened if it wasn't for this codevelopment. Period. This isn't anecdotal fairytales. Just facts.

You can't just have all of these expectations when you know that financially and in terms of the overall car market it doesn't make any sense. If it was the Japanese bubble era, sure. You would be 100% right, but this isn't those times anymore. I will say that this wouldn't have happened if Toyota didn't give up on the Supra in 2002.

Toyota doesn't make 25 BILLION DOLLARS a year in profit from doing whatever they wanted. They always made calculated decisions. Look at Porsche for example. When they were in a tough time in the late 90's they decided to build a more affordable sports car by the name of the Boxster. Who helped them achieve that goal? Oh right, Toyota. They used a lot of Toyota engineering and manufacturing techniques for the first ever Boxster and the 996 911. The egg-shaped headlights was because of Toyota's influence. Now look, those two cars became an instant success, then they built the Cayenne and the rest is history.

LMFAO. Buddy, you just described the B58. And I had to LOL again, V35A tunable? With the Denso ECU that cockblocks you every time you want to try to give it a shot at cracking it? Yikes. Yeah okay you totally did your "research" all right. I shouldn't even bother telling you this but I will. Watch some videos on the B58. I'll even help you with a video in particular.

This man is a renowned race team owner who has many years of experience in drag racing and Formula D. If Stephan freaking Papadakis is outwardly saying that "hey, this is actually pretty f*cking good", then it's god damn good. That's only a chunk of what you can research on the internet regarding the B58. Tuning potential with this car is through the roof and now many cars are RELIABLY so far doing 600 horsepower to the wheels (to get higher numbers you'd need to invest in more parts but for many people 600 wheel is enough, and around or past 700 or so wheel, the limiting factor is the transmission) and easily hits ~9.8 seconds in the quarter mile.

But yeah since you're an expert, I guess if stress-testing every single engine part, blowing up the entire engine 3 times on purpose, and shakedown testing the car at 700 horsepower isn't enough for you, then nothing is. You can enjoy your archaic Lexus products from the Bush administration.

Look, I know you love the Supra no matter what BMW would have built and Toyota would have slapped a logo on, but aren't you the same guy who was telling us it was going to launch with a cast iron block, unique Toyota tune and 6MT? I think your enthusiasm for the car is great, but it also seems to have skewed your vision of what it really is. When the MKV launched and people saw BMW all over it in Toyota wrapping, SupraMKV started banning anyone who said anything critical about it, which is exactly what happened to me. Who cares now? Not me. The Supra is still a GREAT car, it's just not a halo Toyota engineering execution as previous versions were, but we all know that's what it took to make the car a reality considering the economics. I'm not mad about that, just not interested.

As I am sure you are aware, enthusiasts built 10, 15, 20 year old Supras to 800-1,200 horsepower that are still reliable enough to daily drive today. Do you really think the B58 is going to be rock solid @ 700hp for 15 years in 2035? I'd really love to see it, but I think we might have different thresholds for "reliable." I'm familiar with the Papadakis Racing engine tear down video, where his ending comment is, "Is this a worthy successor to the 2JZ engine? Time will tell. Did Toyota get it right by partnering with BMW for this whole project? So far, I'm pretty impressed." I'd consider that positive feedback, but far from a ringing endorsement.

There's no sense in you and me discussing or disagreeing further about this car. You have been quick to cite YouTube videos, he said-she said, and MKV forum posts as truth, and last I looked, half of what that forum originally "heard" about the car ended up not being true. Of course, I understand that with all of the hype around a co-developed car on an extended timeline, but it also makes me take most of what is posted there with a grain of salt.

I'll check back in if a Toyota-built A100 becomes a reality. Until then, Nissan built their own sports car with their own parts, which I think is pretty cool.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions

It's one thing to reach out to another company for help in an area you're lacking in, but it is another thing to use that opportunity to raid their parts bin.

I am a very frequent member of SupraMKV and have my done my research and it is nothing short of this. They tried to pass it off as a passion project when in reality if it was fueled entirely by business decisions.

By this definition, 7Ms, 1JZs, and 2JZs aren't tunable either, thus making the V35a a proper successor. Their Denso ECU's are still uncracked to this day and need either a full standalone or piggybacks

Reactions
Look, I know you love the Supra no matter what BMW would have built and Toyota would have slapped a logo on, but aren't you the same guy who was telling us it was going to launch with a cast iron block, unique Toyota tune and 6MT? I think your enthusiasm for the car is great, but it also seems to have skewed your vision of what it really is. Who cares now? Not me. The Supra is still a GREAT car, it's just not a halo Toyota engineering execution as previous versions were, but we all know that's what it took to make the car a reality considering the economics. I'm not mad about that, just not interested.

I'm familiar with the Papadakis Racing engine tear down video, where his ending comment is, "Is this a worthy successor to the 2JZ engine? Time will tell. Did Toyota get it right by partnering with BMW for this whole project? So far, I'm pretty impressed." I'd consider that positive feedback, but far from a ringing endorsement.

There's no sense in you and me discussing or disagreeing further about this car. You have been quick to cite YouTube videos, he said-she said, and MKV forum posts as truth, and last I looked, half of what that forum originally "heard" about the car ended up not being true. Of course, I understand that with all of the hype around a co-developed car on an extended timeline, but it also makes me take most of what is posted there with a grain of salt.

I'll check back in if a Toyota-built A100 becomes a reality. Until then, Nissan built their own sports car with their own parts, which I think is pretty cool.

The CGI block (based off the BMW B57 engine) idea was scrapped. Also, who says that everything they said were right? Even they tell us that sometimes things change. You do realize that in R&D anything can happen right? I'm just defending guys like A70TTR, Itichaka (I think that's how it's spelled) and Guff where almost everything they said were correct regarding this project, and they were way closer to Toyota/Lexus than any of you all will ever be. I just get surprised at your sheer pessimism and dismissal of their information to us. At least they don't do any bullsh*t speculation that we do here. That's also a reason why I left LE (zeusus was a small part of it).

The unique Toyota tune did happen didn't it? You should know for a fact that the ZF transmission is programmed differently and the internals of the GR Supra's B58 is unique. It's obvious how much the GR Supra picks up in low RPMS due to the closely-spaced gears.

I never said the manual would come from the get-go did I? I'm pretty sure I've only said that just to be positive and optimistic. Also I'm pretty sure for the last couple of months until the release we all knew that the manual wasn't happening at least at launch but I'm just always hopeful Toyota would make the right decision. Also, you're gaslighting the living sh*t out of me but I'm not having it.

Don't you remember seeing some spy photos that CLEARLY had a manual transmission in the GR Supra? It was documented, and they were developing it too but they ended up postponing it (and nearly gave up on it completely). They only restarted development a couple of months ago because of the sheer outcry from enthusiasts. So don't tell me that they don't listen or this is just a business opportunity. They wouldn't have gone through the stress of doing this at all if they didn't care.

My vision isn't skewed because I just appreciate things for what they are. When the new Z Proto came out, I as a Toyota/Lexus fan, was truly happy for the outcome. I think it looks fantastic and I know it will offer some serious chops as well against the GR Supra. This isn't being biased. I always just speak out because I hear so much inaccurate things coming from everyone in this forum.

As I am sure you are aware, enthusiasts built 10, 15, 20 year old Supras to 800-1,200 horsepower that are still reliable enough to daily drive today. Do you really think the B58 is going to be rock solid @ 700hp for 15 years in 2035? I'd really love to see it, but I think we might have different thresholds for "reliable."

So you're just going to base off your opinion on speculation and just being argumentative? That doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure I don't have a different definition of something being reliable then you. We're just so used to seeing having technologies with the simplicity of a brick in some Toyota/Lexus vehicles.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if people asked those same questions many years ago when Toyota brought out crazy turbo/twin-turbo engines and such for those same 10, 15, 20 year old Supras. Also, yeah sure SOME of those cars may be reliable, but I dare you to find out how much those setups cost and compare it to the A90 GR Supra. They also can make stupid amounts of power while STILL being reliable and affordable. Everything that you're saying right now is either anecdotal or you're just forgetting some major factors, like cost. 2JZ's have had some hiccups when you really tune the crap out of the platform, so you'd spend a lot of money.

To finish off, let's look at the B58 itself. The B58 was released in 2015, so it's 5 years old now, let's see if it has any reliability issues like you may think.

When the MKV launched and people saw BMW all over it in Toyota wrapping, SupraMKV started banning anyone who said anything critical about it, which is exactly what happened to me.

At the time when you got banned you told me something completely different. You told me that they got annoyed when you kept putting A70TTR's insider info under question a load of times. It's like me doing the same to Carmaker1 (which I would NEVER do). After some time, as their reputation builds, and when subsequently when you see the actual facts, it matched to what the insider said originally, and then you know that they're the real deal.

You kept questioning him when his reputation was rock solid. Sure, at first you take things with a grain of salt and then see what happens next, but once you see almost everything they say comes out to be true, you can put more trust in them. Also it's not just A70TTR, it's also people like Guff (who has a YouTube channel by the name of Albon) and another person who knows Tada-san as well. There's even a video of him interviewing Tada-san. He is Itichaka.

We've all criticized the car and we have many wishes for it too, but we didn't get banned.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
The CGI block (based off the BMW B57 engine) idea was scrapped. Also, who says that everything they said were right? Even they tell us that sometimes things change. You do realize that in R&D anything can happen right? I'm just defending guys like A70TTR, Itichaka (I think that's how it's spelled) and Guff where almost everything they said were correct regarding this project, and they were way closer to Toyota/Lexus than any of you all will ever be. I just get surprised at your sheer pessimism and dismissal of their information to us. At least they don't do any bullsh*t speculation that we do here. That's also a reason why I left LE (zeusus was a small part of it).

The unique Toyota tune did happen didn't it? You should know for a fact that the ZF transmission is programmed differently and the internals of the GR Supra's B58 is unique. It's obvious how much the GR Supra picks up in low RPMS due to the closely-spaced gears.

Don't you remember seeing some spy photos that CLEARLY had a manual transmission in the GR Supra? It was documented, and they were developing it too but they ended up postponing it (and nearly gave up on it completely). They only restarted development a couple of months ago because of the sheer outcry from enthusiasts. So don't tell me that they don't listen or this is just a business opportunity. They wouldn't have gone through the stress of doing this at all if they didn't care.

My vision isn't skewed because I just appreciate things for what they are. When the new Z Proto came out, I as a Toyota/Lexus fan, was truly happy for the outcome. I think it looks fantastic and I know it will offer some serious chops as well against the GR Supra. This isn't being biased. I always just speak out because I hear so much inaccurate things coming from everyone in this forum.

So you're just going to base off your opinion on speculation and just being argumentative? That doesn't make any sense. I'm pretty sure I don't have a different definition of something being reliable then you. We're just so used to seeing having technologies with the simplicity of a brick in some Toyota/Lexus vehicles.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if people asked those same questions many years ago when Toyota brought out crazy turbo/twin-turbo engines and such for those same 10, 15, 20 year old Supras. Also, yeah sure SOME of those cars may be reliable, but I dare you to find out how much those setups cost and compare it to the A90 GR Supra. They also can make stupid amounts of power while STILL being reliable and affordable. Everything that you're saying right now is either anecdotal or you're just forgetting some major factors, like cost. 2JZ's have had some hiccups when you really tune the crap out of the platform, so you'd spend a lot of money.

To finish off, let's look at the B58 itself. The B58 was released in 2015, so it's 5 years old now, let's see if it has any reliability issues like you may think.

At the time when you got banned you told me something completely different. You told me that they got annoyed when you kept putting A70TTR's insider info under question a load of times. It's like me doing the same to Carmaker1 (which I would NEVER do). After some time, as their reputation builds, and when subsequently when you see the actual facts, it matched to what the insider said originally, and then you know that they're the real deal.

You kept questioning him when his reputation was rock solid. Sure, at first you take things with a grain of salt and then see what happens next, but once you see almost everything they say comes out to be true, you can put more trust in them. Also it's not just A70TTR, it's also people like Guff (who has a YouTube channel by the name of Albon) and another person who knows Tada-san as well. There's even a video of him interviewing Tada-san. He is Itichaka.

We've all criticized the car and we have many wishes for it too, but we didn't get banned.

lemetier, a BMW insider, confirmed during all the speculating on SupraMKV that these blocks weren't going to happen. It is strange that the BMW insiders knew more about the Supra than the Toyota insiders

Supra's engine part number is 11002463592 which is the same as the Euro Z4's which means it is not unique. The only reason SupraMKV thought it was unique was at the time RealOEM did not have the Z4's entries.

I have been on SupraMKV for years and haven't seen a manual Supra spy shot, do you mind sharing?

Reactions
lemetier, a BMW insider, confirmed during all the speculating on SupraMKV that these blocks weren't going to happen. It is strange that the BMW insiders knew more about the Supra than the Toyota insiders

Not necessarily true. But like I said, it was something that A70TTR said could happen in the new GR Supra especially knowing how many people loved the 2JZ because of the iron block. Frankly speaking, we will never know everything they talked about. This is something that I could ask him when he's not busy anymore and now that it's essentially 2 or so years later since we heard of that rumor I'll ask him what that was about.

Supra's engine part number is 11002463592 which is the same as the Euro Z4's which means it is not unique. The only reason SupraMKV thought it was unique was at the time RealOEM did not have the Z4's entries.

It also shows that the GR Supra uses a lot of unique parts like oil pan/pump, fuel pump, and turbocharger as well. You're looking at the block completely.

I have been on SupraMKV for years and haven't seen a manual Supra spy shot, do you mind sharing?
I mean, it was there, but it was like 2-3 years ago. There were some that leaked.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Not necessarily true. But like I said, it was something that A70TTR said could happen in the new GR Supra especially knowing how many people loved the 2JZ because of the iron block. Frankly speaking, we will never know everything they talked about. This is something that I could ask him when he's not busy anymore and now that it's essentially 2 or so years later since we heard of that rumor I'll ask him what that was about.

It also shows that the GR Supra uses a lot of unique parts like oil pan/pump, fuel pump, and turbocharger as well. You're looking at the block completely.

I mean, it was there, but it was like 2-3 years ago. There were some that leaked.

The part you highlighted was just a general statement about the entire development, not just this specific case. BMW insiders knew more than Toyota insiders because, well, it's a BMW. It may not be just a BMW but it is a BMW

Supra (2020) turbo part number 11657934332 is the same as the Euro Z4's
Fuel pump is exactly the same as the other TU B engines as well.
I don't have parts numbers for the oil pan and pump but I guarantee you they are the same at the Z4
Again, SupraMKV thought the turbo, oil pan, and pump were unique because the Z4 wasn't in RealOEM yet.
This is what I meant previously by you have been drinking too much of the SupraMKV koolaid. It is clear that you haven't done research outside of the SupraMKV bubble while also acting as an expert on the topic.

We have seen the Z4 mule with a manual but we definitely have not seen a Supra or there would have been even more outrage how it hasn't made it to production.

At the end of the day, these conversations shouldn't even have to have happen. You shouldn't have to justify a halo car's identity. This is why the Z will forever be the favorite in my book regardless of it being an old platform that probably won't perform as well.

Last edited:
Reactions
SupraMKV started banning anyone who said anything critical about it, which is exactly what happened to me. Who cares now? Not me.
SupraMKV forums will ban any form of criticism on the A90 - FACT.

Toyota doesn't make 25 BILLION DOLLARS a year in profit from doing whatever they wanted.
They make sooo much money why cant they do the development themselves - amirite boys and girls?

A70 tttr didnt have much reliable information. The information that A70 had was part true but also false. His insiders didnt know the full extent of the supra program as my insiders were. It was pretty conflicting to hear what A70 had to say as to what my friends had to say. I tested the waters on the validity of my source and I was attacked for being delusional.

Now there is a thread for "Remorse Buyers for 2020 year" or "I Should've waited." Nice Job A70 - for failing on your community members even though I reported the Horsepower bump BEFORE THE CAR RELEASED.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions

I think you have me confused with someone else. Here is the copy and paste from my PMs with you:

I was banned from SupraMKV for making a post that said, "So, it's official: 335hp @ $50k. That's going to be a tough sell," and then following up to ask why posts (not just mine) were being deleted.

That's it. I was banned after those two posts.

Also, looking back at our PMs, we called the "no more V8s rumor" in Jan 2019 😯 🤣

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
I think you have me confused with someone else. Here is the copy and paste from my PMs with you:

That's it. I was banned after those two posts.

Also, looking back at our PMs, we called the "no more V8s rumor" in Jan 2019 😯 🤣

To be fair, there has to be some post filtering to prevent the site from turning into constant bickering, but they definitely take it too far. For example, the BMW emissions certificate I posted is very important information yet is completely glossed over. It shows that the motor in the Supra is the exact same as a motor in the Z4 (so it only needed to be tested once, if it were different then Toyota would have payed for their own certification) which breaks the narrative that the Supra is somehow special or unique in the lineup. This censorship just fuels the SupraMKV conjecture.

Reactions
The part you highlighted was just a general statement about the entire development, not just this specific case. BMW insiders knew more than Toyota insiders because, well, it's a BMW. It may not be just a BMW but it is a BMW

Supra (2020) turbo part number 11657934332 is the same as the Euro Z4's
Fuel pump is exactly the same as the other TU B engines as well.
I don't have parts numbers for the oil pan and pump but I guarantee you they are the same at the Z4
Again, SupraMKV thought the turbo, oil pan, and pump were unique because the Z4 wasn't in RealOEM yet.
This is what I meant previously by you have been drinking too much of the SupraMKV koolaid. It is clear that you haven't done research outside of the SupraMKV bubble while also acting as an expert on the topic.

We have seen the Z4 mule with a manual but we definitely have not seen a Supra or there would have been even more outrage how it hasn't made it to production.

At the end of the day, these conversations shouldn't even have to have happen. You shouldn't have to justify a halo car's identity. This is why the Z will forever be the favorite in my book regardless of it being an old platform that probably won't perform as well.

Interesting because Toyota's databases are different. This is the same company that changed their 0-60 numbers a couple of hours after the GR Supra was getting a lot of acclaim.

The thing is, I have been speaking to others who know about the project as well. I mentioned their names. I also talked to dealers who gave me pretty specific information at the time. So from what I know, almost everything A70 said lined up. Other people have connections to Toyota as well and confirmed A70's stuff.

So this isn't me drinking the Kool-Aid.

@Gecko, I've made a load of criticisms but I wasn't banned. There were many trolls that came from SupraForums.com (which is basically a A80 circlejerk website), and they weren't banned either.

A70 tttr didnt have much reliable information. The information that A70 had was part true but also false. His insiders didnt know the full extent of the supra program as my insiders were. It was pretty conflicting to hear what A70 had to say as to what my friends had to say. I tested the waters on the validity of my source and I was attacked for being delusional.

Now there is a thread for "Remorse Buyers for 2020 year" or "I Should've waited." Nice Job A70 - for failing on your community members even though I reported the Horsepower bump BEFORE THE CAR RELEASED.

@MKIVCrybaby. If you can tell me what else of his information was inaccurate then go ahead. He rarely made mistakes in the grand scheme of things and you guys need to remember that he wasn't able to tell us everything. He made us figure things out for ourselves but did try to guide us down the correct path. You do realize that he works for Toyota and Lexus and is currently responsible for 5 Toyota/Lexus projects right now. He signed a NDA agreement that he couldn't explicitly tell us everything word for word. So you're being grossly unfair here. He told us information way before anything was finalized.

He was the one that told me (then I told you all) that everything was on hiatus for the F cars. And guess what, isn't that what exactly happened? Now we're getting a flood of reports that they're back in development again.

As for that last sentence, how the f*ck is that his fault? He didn't fail anyone. Toyota did. LMAO.

Last edited:

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Interesting because Toyota's databases are different. This is the same company that changed their 0-60 numbers a couple of hours after the GR Supra was getting a lot of acclaim.

The thing is, I have been speaking to others who know about the project as well. I mentioned their names. I also talked to dealers who gave me pretty specific information at the time. So from what I know, almost everything A70 said lined up. Other people have connections to Toyota as well and confirmed A70's stuff.

So this isn't me drinking the Kool-Aid.

@Gecko, I've made a load of criticisms but I wasn't banned. There were many trolls that came from SupraForums.com (which is basically a A80 circlejerk website), and they weren't banned either.

Are you implying that because Toyota's part numbers (which uses a completely different format WAxxx-xxxxx) are different from BMW's part numbers that they aren't the same parts? That is grasping at straws.

I am by no means saying "Toyota didn't work on the car at all therefore they had knowledge of the project." Of course there was a team of Toyota employees working on the car and by extension there are/were Toyota sources that had knowledge of the development.

Drinking the koolaid is believing that a team of engineers working on the Supra in Germany makes more than a Z4 coupe tuned and QA'ed by Toyota and worthy of the nameplate because a team of Toyota employees were along for the ride.

And even then, the car by no means stands for what Supra meant regardless of the partnership. It has the market position equivalent of the MR-2 as a small 911 (which would now equate to a budget Cayman and Boxster) which is no where near the Supra ever positioned itself

Edit to your edit: Off the top of my head he said the GT4 car had a DCT but after emailing TRD USA, who is responsible for NA GT4 sales, they told me it was the stock trans.

Of course his NDA prevents him from talking, but he also uses emojis as answers so he is never technically wrong. And even if he does come out and say something but is wrong, he will just follow up with "looks like plans have changed." Remember when he said the Supra was under 3,000 pounds? Then when it came in as ~3400 he said they had to add x, y, and z last minute. The stripped out GT4 car is barely less than 3,000, there is no way that was ever the case for the street car.

Last edited:
Reactions
Drinking the koolaid is believing that a team of engineers working on the Supra in Germany makes more than a Z4 coupe tuned and QA'ed by Toyota and worthy of the nameplate because a team of Toyota employees were along for the ride.

Well that's your wrong opinion lol. The thing is, that's because they did do more than what you said. Worthiness of the nameplate is subjective. For what it is, it's a damn good car and I'm just happy that the nameplate is back with a sweet inline-six, RWD sports car that puts insane near-supercar figures (like bruh 3.7 seconds to 60 mph? That's faster than any Lexus product ever made bar the LFA. Watch the Supra GRMN wipe everything Lexus has). I'm just waiting for the manual. Otherwise, it meets up to the Supra nameplate's expectations.

Edit to your edit: Off the top of my head he said the GT4 car had a DCT but after emailing TRD USA, who is responsible for NA GT4 sales, they told me it was the stock trans.

LMAO what? Wrong. It uses a 7-speed automatic. That could be the dual-clutch or a Toyota made automatic that's meant for racing purposes. TRD USA f*cked up. If it's what you're saying then it would use an 8-speed automatic. Yikes bro.

Here, it even says it in their god damn brochure. But go ahead hate on me for saying the truth.

You and @Gecko both just showed me how you guys discussed by using anecdotal evidence or just incorrect facts. You did it a couple of times, the most recent thing being the transmission debacle in the Supra GT4, and @Gecko making predictions for himself that the GR Supra isn't holding up well and that's contrary to early reports of the car being able to handle so much stress. He also forgot that the platform is only 1 year old so he's just using baseless predictions.

Don't get mad at me for being optimistic, I have criticized the car on many regards but it is objectively the best Supra that's ever been built.

Of course his NDA prevents him from talking, but he also uses emojis as answers so he is never technically wrong. And even if he does come out and say something but is wrong, he will just follow up with "looks like plans have changed." Remember when he said the Supra was under 3,000 pounds? Then when it came in as ~3400 he said they had to add x, y, and z last minute. The stripped out GT4 car is barely less than 3,000, there is no way that was ever the case for the street car.

But that's not his fault. He still teased us with a load of info and you're just pressuring on just the few things that he said previously that happened to change. So what if some sh*t goes south sometimes? At least Toyota is getting way more than Lexus can ever dream of.