Video: The 2016 Lexus LX 570 and GS 200t Live from Pebble Beach

GuoxJason

Fan
Reaction score
The new infotainment system better work well with ALL Android devices. Even more, I expect smooth compatibility with Windows 10 devices. Why does a great, expensive vehicle have to coerce me into the subdued iOS ecosystem?!

Black Dynamite

Follower
Reaction score
Motor Trend reports the new 2016 LX is $89,820 after destination.

There is a huge gap between the $50-55k GX and the now $89k LX. I expect the coming TX to start around where the Mercedes GL does, in the low $60's
BD

Reactions: CIF

Gecko

Expert
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Motor Trend reports the new 2016 LX is $89,820 after destination.

There is a huge gap between the $50-55k GX and the now $89k LX. I expect the coming TX to start around where the Mercedes GL does, in the low $60's
BD
Good point - that's quite a span. If they plan on slotting into that price bracket, I don't see how they could base it on anything other than a RWD/AWD architecture. $60-70k is pretty rich for something based on the Camry platform (as some have expected).

They could also plan to elevate the next GX a bit - to $60k+ - and have the TX slot above the RX but below the GX.

Anything is possible at this point.

Reactions: CIF

spwolf

Expert
Reaction score
Good point - that's quite a span. If they plan on slotting into that price bracket, I don't see how they could base it on anything other than a RWD/AWD architecture. $60-70k is pretty rich for something based on the Camry platform (as some have expected).

They could also plan to elevate the next GX a bit - to $60k+ - and have the TX slot above the RX but below the GX.

Anything is possible at this point.
i find it very unlikely that it will be RWD based... it just does not work for packaging reasons, it will end up with less space than RX.

So I think we can say with some certainty that it will be based on RX... i doubt it will start at $60k-$70k.