Video: Dramatic Lexus Mini-Commercials for British TV Sponsorship

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Video: Dramatic Lexus Mini-Commercials for British TV Sponsorship

15-02-19-lexus-nx-drama-on-4.jpg

Lexus UK has replaced Nokia as the Channel 4 Drama sponsor on British TV, and part of their campaign are these short & clever commercials.

View the original article post

D

DDas

I finally saw an NX in the wild the other day and WOW! They looks great in pictures but even better in person! I kept looking back at it after it passed me.

Skipetenj

Founding Member
Reactions
My wife gets comments on her NX 300h (atomic silver) everywhere she goes. With the LED lights it is a head turner. When my RC F (Infrared with carbon fiber package) arrives, we will both have head turners. RC F arrives in port on 3/4/15 - can't wait.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

GuoxJason

Fan
Reactions
Dramatic, short spiels are fun, but Lexus needs to work on conveying the message better. Most importantly, Lexus needs to show more identity! In one ad, there is a bright reflection running straight through the front badge. In another, the L-insignia is not visible at all! There is no connection until the end with the Lexus branding at the bottom, and in a few of those footage, the mentioning and display of the Lexus branding is not shown with the car in the frame! We Lexus fans can automatically identify the NX through its edgy body and unique headlights, but how are the average consumers going to make that connection? The average consumers will just recognize the vehicle as some cool car that cannot be identified without a bit of internet searching.

I absolutely love how Lexus has finally capitalized various ends of the TV market, but fundamentals of marketing are crucial, especially with the short attention span of today's audience. These videos might make sense if they were posted on Lexus' social media accounts, but even then, if people were to share the videos, the origin of the video might not be so obvious, and the connection with the Lexus brand will be lost again. Lexus now realizes the power of its L-insignia, but in these videos, Lexus seems to have removed the gorgeous logo altogether!