used IS250

Reactions
Hello guys,
I live in Greece and i'm looking for a lexus IS250 for a daily drive, preferably the manual version. I've already found one, its a 2009 rwd manual and the owner says in the description that he's a Toyota-Lexus mechanic and he has taken good care of it, but it has 256.000 km on it and asks 10k (euros) for it. From the pictures seems ok from int/exterior but should i bring the price down a little bit ??

Last edited:
Reactions
Hello guys,
I live in Greece and i'm looking for a lexus IS250 for a daily drive, preferably the manual version. I've already found one, its a 2009 rwd manual and the owner says in the description that he's a Toyota-Lexus mechanic and he has taken good care of it, but it has 256.000 km on it and asks 10k (euros) for it. From the pictures seems ok from int/exterior but should i bring the price down a little bit ??

I think 10k euros may be pricey. You can probably bring it down by a grand or two.

Also do not worry about reliability, the 4GR is a strong engine.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Is this the engine plagued with direct engine carbon deposit build up? Just double check to play safe.

Reactions: RAL

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The 2.5-litre 4GR engine in the IS 250 was more prone to carbon buildup. Check with a Lexus dealer to see if there is (or was any corrected) buildup and if there is an extended warranty on the engine.

Reactions
I'm sorry for posting this question here, but , is it a big job to swap transmissions (auto to mt)???
If its not that big and too expensive, i have to consider it too. I'm also considering the possibillity to import one, but i feel its too far...