2021 Prius - July 2020
2021 Prius Prime - July 2020
2021 RAV4 - August 2020
2021 Sequoia - July 2020
2021 Sienna - July 2020
2021 Tacoma - August 2020
2021 Tundra - July 2020
2021 Yaris - TBD

These dates all correspond to the 2021 model year and are subject to changes during the 2021 model year, which concludes on December 31, 2021.

Sales launch typically lags 6-8 weeks up to 8-10 weeks (extreme) from Job 1, as vehicles need to be assembled from parts, tested, and shipped via rail or ocean to ports, distribution, and/or dealers.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
2021 Tundra and Sequoia earlier in 2020 - July - makes sense for all new model to hit in 2021 as 2022.

2021 Land Cruiser in August 2020 makes me think the 2021 model may indeed be first TNGA-F model. I feel like Land Cruiser debuts are usually later in the year? It would also make sense to me to debut TNGA-F with the flagship model first.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
2021 Tundra and Sequoia earlier in 2020 - July - makes sense for all new model to hit in 2021 as 2022.

2021 Land Cruiser in August 2020 makes me think the 2021 model may indeed be first TNGA-F model. I feel like Land Cruiser debuts are usually later in the year? It would also make sense to me to debut TNGA-F with the flagship model first.

Usually the production dates are about 2 months ahead of dealer arrival, customer deliveries. For smaller cars built domestically, the lead time is shorter (ie Camry)

2021 Land Cruiser is October 2020.
2021 Tundra & Sequoia around maybe Labor Day through late September.

I hoped Land Cruiser would be MY 2021, but the very first test mules have been testing for some 9 months "unphotographed". Actual prototypes, not yet seen.

I think it's Calendar Year 2021, but heck I might be wrong LOL (hopefully sooner).

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
First dates of ordering is -2 months to Job 1 dates provided above.

IE: Ordering for 2021 4Runner begins in June 2020.

Hope this helps.

**Some production dates will correspond with global Toyota and Lexus vehicles. IE 4Runner/GX/Prado

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
A new 86 is quite good news as I loved and still do the current one, such an amazing car to drive... I always stop when I see one.

Got to admit, a new Prius/Prime does seems strange... Was expecting them to become a BEV affair... Now we can have a Hybrid Corolla Sedan, Prius sales are declining... Now I'm curious to see what's coming!

Lastly, is the European/Japanese Yaris going stateside or is it a rebadge Mazda?

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
A new 86 is quite good news as I loved and still do the current one, such an amazing car to drive... I always stop when I see one.

Got to admit, a new Prius/Prime does seems strange... Was expecting them to become a BEV affair... Now we can have a Hybrid Corolla Sedan, Prius sales are declining... Now I'm curious to see what's coming!

Lastly, is the European/Japanese Yaris going stateside or is it a rebadge Mazda?

Oh no lol, I didn't say a new 86 is coming. Not at all.

Prius duo is not being redesigned, this is just a list of Toyota USA production dates. I have to look into other markets to provide prod. for other Toyota vehicles first.

The sublime GA-B Yaris is not for USA. Business case didn't favor it, so Mazda rebadge it is.

Will1991

Reactions
Wow... I really misunderstand your post, sorry for that... I did get a lot carried away thinking this was facelifts or new models... :D :D

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Wow... I really misunderstand your post, sorry for that... I did get a lot carried away thinking this was facelifts or new models... :D :D

No, a few of them are redesigns or facelifts, but I just listed all of them for everyone to reference.

None of them are release dates at the point which somebody can buy them.

For example 2021 Land Cruiser production begins in August and launches in October 2020.

I don't believe it's being redesigned in October, although I hope and some people say it is. There's been very little evidence of that in terms of testing and reporting. It's 2022.

Unless Toyota is paying off spy photographers, in buying all of their photos until ready to drip tease.

I won't mention Lexus yet because my source for this information only provided Toyota brand dates for USA.

They are stupidly cramming a lot into 2021 for 2022 models. Disaster or a lot of delayed releases to make space.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
They are stupidly cramming a lot into 2021 for 2022 models. Disaster or a lot of delayed releases to make space.
Toyota / Lexus model cadence is getting to be even more ridiculous than the way Nissan bunches up its North American market sedans in rapid succession. It looked like CY 2020 / MY 2021 were going to be busy, but now at least 3 major expected debuts for that time frame have been pushed back. 3rd-gen Tundra and 2NX delayed a year, and 4IS probably morphing into a major facelift on 3IS instead, mirroring what Lexus did with 4LS for 2013. 😡

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
They have serious supply problems and still decide to bunch everything up. Surely nothing could go wrong, right?

Poor Toyota and Lexus engineers and workers have been working extremely over time for a few years now. It is the most stressful place to work in the industry (maybe after Tesla) yet the company doesn't want to expand the workforce to maintain margins.

I feel Toyota China is getting more and more competent and they are doing product launches in a much more sensible manner. They limit themselves to no more than two major launches (one crossover plus one car) each year because the transition to TNGA has a very steep learning curve. Sure this means many models launch later than international market but there will be fewer hiccups.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
as much as i am getting angry cause of the nonsense delaying, honestly i appreciate their work on the TNGA concept with all its derivation
we will have to wait and hopping for complete package

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

I feel like an idiot, because a new report is stating that launch of new Land Cruiser in August is coming.

This seems legitimate, because Japanese market intros line up with SOP dates. August 2020 is the Job 1 date!

So? A new Land Cruiser as you said, which is why I put the date in italics.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Job 1 is the date for MY 2021 Land Cruiser 200, NOT a redesign. (I was set straight)

That is unless, JDM magically gets a redesigned vehicle this year or the article I read this from is full of crap.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
I put the Land Cruiser in italics on the basis it was undetermined. Everything else in bold is MMC or redesign.

It is now definite that there will be no redesigned Land Cruiser for calendar year 2020.

Will1991

Reactions
Can't we get some more info from here ( https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/31336949.html )?

-> Sequoia, will change factory in early 2022;
-> Tacoma, will change factory in late 2021;
-> LC/LX/Thundra (BOF chassis), late 2021, they will stop producing Tacoma's there around late 2021 and it clearly says it's getting more investment for "focus on production of full-size body-on-frame trucks and SUVs"

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Can't we get some more info from here ( https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/31336949.html )?

-> LC/LX/Thundra (BOF chassis), late 2021, they will stop producing Tacoma's there around late 2021 and it clearly says it's getting more investment for "focus on production of full-size body-on-frame trucks and SUVs"

generally speaking, this is a good way to find out things.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

Well, wow! What a find. Typically they aren't so forthcoming. Thank you Will, much appreciated information. It is tops in being so informative.

The 2022 Land Cruiser is changing focus, but will it still be Japan built only?

Likely.

This information you've provided goes beyond this year and dips into the future.

There are claims 4Runner will shift to Guanajuato, but IDK yet. I will try to keep this thread strictly related to production dates of the near present, to maintain accuracy (avoid doing my own speculating).

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions

BTW, I don't see "early 2022" in that report for Sequoia. Did you see it somewhere else or is it in a PDF I missed.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
You're right, my mistake, it only states 2022.
I was just curious in case it says extra. You just might be right though because pilot production usually will shift towards the factory that will be building a vehicle early on before official production starts.

I just find it weird how I was able to find out about NX production shifting to Canada years ago, yet this wasn't on my radar as someone that has connections in Texas?