Lexus GS Tyres for GS250 F Sport

Mr1956T

Fan
Reactions
Anyone got any experience, positive or negative? I've recently purchased a 2013 with 20,000 miles on, needs a new set of tyres. Currently got Dunlop SP Sport Maxx, which I believe were original fitment. (These have now been superceded by the Sport Maxx RT). Not a great fan of the SP Sport, grip in the wet is abysmal, particularly now they are worn. I want to enjoy the car, but not to drive like a hooligan! Grip in the wet is very important, as live and drive mostly in Ireland - the roads are often wet.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I'm a big fan of Michelin's Pilot Super Sport tires on my IS 350 F Sport. I live in Florida in the U.S. which, like Ireland, sees frequent wet weather conditions. These Michelins do quite well in the wet, especially considering they're "summer" (NOT all-season or 3-season) tires.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The best performance is Michelin SuperSports.... from there i like the Nitto 555 G2 and Invo and Toyo's....

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
I love the Michelin Pilot Super Sport - I think there is a new Super Sport 4S that is also out too?

If you do have a lot of wet surfaces, then maybe an All-Season Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ is a good option. Super Sport is a summer tire mainly for dry conditions, and light wetness.

Mr1956T

Fan
Reactions
Thanks all - ordered a pair of the Michelin Super Sport 4S rears yesterday - fitted next Friday. Will let you know how they are - they're getting top reviews everywhere.

RAL

Reactions
Pardon me Mr1956T ... I think I may have failed to welcome you as a new member back in January ... Welcome!
Hope the Super Sports work well

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
Congratulations! Hope you will enjoy the Super Sport 4S! Would recommend keeping an eye on tire pressure, balancing, and alignments to maximize the amount of mileage since you most likely have staggered fitment and cannot rotate.

Mr1956T

Fan
Reactions
Thanks Brian - appreciate your comments. You're quite correct, they are staggered fitment on the F Sport so can't rotate. Right now I'm having to wait for them - Michelin are out of stock in the UK, looks like end of month before I can enjoy! Meanwhile, I carry on enjoying my original Lexus, a 2004 IS200 with 137,000 miles on the clock. Been looking after it for 7 years now, it's taken me 87,000 miles and never missed a beat!
5a2776bb-888d-444e-987f-306fd627432c.jpg