Toyota Sequoia TRD Pro Debuts in Chicago

Reactions
Toyota TRD PRO Beast..

Hopefully, they can back that name up. If it is nothing more than cosmetic... that will be truly disappointing.

Reactions
The entire BOF lineup is in a pretty sad state of affairs. I am looking forward to TNGA-F, to put it lightly.
The diehard loyalists (are you one of them?) have made the 4Runner more popular than ever, Toyota doesn't want to mess with the money faucet.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The diehard loyalists (are you one of them?) have made the 4Runner more popular than ever, Toyota doesn't want to mess with the money faucet.

I am, but it's a little split in terms of 4Runner/Tacoma loyalists: People who are of this, "I hate technology, if it aint broke don't fix it, I wish this thing didn't even have automatic windows or an automatic transmission," and the other folks who seem to say, "I love my 4Runner/Tacoma but at this point, it's a pretty outdated and compromised vehicle in some very key areas, and its leading me to look elsewhere."

At the same time, I understand that it's hard to argue with record sales on a decade-old vehicle that has certainly paid for itself and is returning historic profits. I just don't think Toyota should wait *this long* to bring these models to parity with the competition.

Reactions
I am, but it's a little split in terms of 4Runner/Tacoma loyalists: People who are of this, "I hate technology, if it aint broke don't fix it, I wish this thing didn't even have automatic windows or an automatic transmission," and the other folks who seem to say, "I love my 4Runner/Tacoma but at this point, it's a pretty outdated and compromised vehicle in some very key areas, and its leading me to look elsewhere."

At the same time, I understand that it's hard to argue with record sales on a decade-old vehicle that has certainly paid for itself and is returning historic profits. I just don't think Toyota should wait *this long* to bring these models to parity with the competition.
I think Toyota is about to do something finally....newly revised 2020 Taco in response to new competition with the new Ranger and of course the Colorado/Canyon. Just waiting on the new 4Runner...

Reactions
or... its the toyota sequoia.

It has never had a TRD Pro edition.

The word "beast" is intriguing tho.

Edit: "worst" to "word"

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Toyota tagged the post: "4Runner, Tundra, Tacoma, Sequoia, TRD PRO" and then they edited the tags after the internet lit up. I'm pretty sure it's got to be the Sequoia.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
It's out... Seems like 2020 models will get Android Auto across the board, both Tacoma and Sequoia and likely everything else they do including Lexus.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Motor

Expert
Reactions
c2d9e228-2020-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-2.jpg

31bd0e81-2020-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-5.jpg

d899b377-2020-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-8.jpg

a97acf73-2020-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-6.jpg

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/02/2020-toyota-sequoia-trd-pro-ready-conquer-arduous-terrains/

It looks good, but I'm just surprised it wasn't done sooner.