16th Generation Toyota Crown (Sedan, Cross, Sport, Estate/Signia)

What do you think it is?

• Lexus GS

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Toyota Crown

Votes: 32 80.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 10.0%

• Total voters

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Its a RWD, toyota already have 2 to 3 RWD models due for redesign
Crown either Royal or Athlete
Majesta
Mark - X
Honestly this looks like a crown with the current Mark - X C pillars
We will see soon how it turn out to be

supra93

Expert
Reactions
More photos on the ring.

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring-118977_1.jpg
next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_1.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_2.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_3.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_4.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_5.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_6.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_7.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_8.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_9.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_10.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_11.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_14.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_15.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_16.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_17.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_18.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_19.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_20.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_21.jpg

next-generation-toyota-crown-spied-for-the-first-time-testing-on-nurburgring_22.jpg

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Saw this link on Club Lexus.
https://bestcarweb.jp/archives/27200

I think this is a good hint of what to expect from the new GS. the rear lights looks like that of the 4LS . the web site is not in English but someone was able to interprete it on club lexus.

this is the link. Look up post 30.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/860931-lexus-5gs-spy-s-2.html

in that post the line that caught my attention was

"In addition, "GR" developed by GAZOO Racing as the ultimate sports grade of the Crown series has also been decided to join. Equipped with high tune V6 turbo engine, body reinforcement, strengthening of underbody, etc. are also carried out. We plan to launch it in 2019 as an authentic sports model competing straight from the Mercedes Benz AMG, the BMW M series, the Audi RS series and so on."

Last edited:

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
interior is nothing like that bestcar article, looks like C-HR... which is good.

So thats basically 100% that GS is not cancelled.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I think this bodes well for those who love the GS and hope for it's redesign and continuation. The new Crown looks very impressive.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
Not at all sure what to think very like the existing ES which is disappointing. However like the grille on the Camoflaged car huge improvement over the ugly spindle.
My wish is that Lexus would employ someone like Peter Schryer who was Audi now Kia and get a fresh look on their range styling. Toyota are doing a better job than their luxury division the new Camry looks good and a lot better than the ES.
Good looks are very important in this class of car and I believe the loss of sales is mainly due to their somewhat controversial styling. The Germans certainly lead in this department and hence their sales advance.

Reactions: RAL

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Toyota are doing a better job than their luxury division the new Camry looks good and a lot better than the ES.

I'm actually surprised you like the new Camry, because it has a very aggressive Lexus-like front end (and even a spindle-shaped grille), and a lot of the styling in general echoes current Lexus practice (e.g. the LC500 and LS500). The current ES is practically an Audi by comparison.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
I think this bodes well for those who love the GS and hope for it's redesign and continuation. The new Crown looks very impressive.
Ooops, question of tastes... I am very happy that this is no Lexus and that this one is reserved for Japan. In my European taste, this is one hell of a really ugly car. Sorry :blush:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
It will looks fabulous if it was a regular 4 windows with a solid c pillar
Anyway i love some of its internal and external cues more that even the LS
The interior now is Audi A8 interior though

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I am very happy that this is no Lexus and that this one is reserved for Japan. In my European taste, this is one hell of a really ugly car. Sorry :blush:

LOL, although I said it looks impressive, I would not buy one. I would, however, buy a GSF on the new platform. :cool:

Reactions: Joe

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Toyota Crown Concept Could Preview New Lexus ES/GS

Toyota has revealed the first details of a new sedan concept it's bringing to the Tokyo Motor Show. And it has us wondering if it couldn't preview a new Lexus as well.

What you're looking at here is the Toyota Crown concept, previewing what will, when it reaches showrooms next summer, be the fifteenth generation of a model line stretching all the way back (in the Japanese Domestic Market) to 1955.

The current model has been on sale since 2012, so Toyota's taking the opportunity to pack the new one with all the latest tricks, including vehicle-to-vehicle communications and advanced safety systems. It's also boasting having tested the thing at the Nürburgring, basing it on the same Toyota New Global Architecture as the new Camry (among others in different forms).

More intriguing to us, however, is the potential version that could reach US shores: not as the Avalon that essentially takes the Crown's place as Toyota's largest sedan in America, but as the replacement for the Lexus GS (and ES) sedans.

Like the GX that's based on the Land Cruiser Prado, the Lexus GS is closely based on the current Crown. It stands to reason, then, that the next-gen Lexus sedan will share much with the new Crown as well. Based on the dimensions the automaker has released for the pre-production concept, it's actually a bit bigger than the current Lexus GS in every dimension but height (which remains identical).

Lexus is expected to launch one new model to replace both the smaller ES (which currently shares its segment with the sportier IS) and the larger GS in an effort to streamline its product lineup and avoid cannibalizing its own sales.

With the Lexus division set to unveil an unidentified concept of its own at the same expo, we can't help but wonder if we won't see this same concept reskinned for upscale export as well.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/10/toyota-crown-concept-could-preview-new.html

toyota-crown-concept1.jpg

toyota-crown-concept2.jpg

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Toyota to Showcase Crown Concept at Tokyo Motor Show 2017

Toyota City, Japan, October 4, 2017―Toyota Motor Corporation (TMC) is scheduled to showcase the Crown Concept vehicle at the 45th Tokyo Motor Show 2017, taking place from October 25th to November 5th, at Tokyo Big Sight. The theme of this year's show is "Beyond the Motor."

The Crown Concept is a concept vehicle developed in pursuit of driving performance and connected technology. It features the blend of the storied Crown tradition with its birth in 1955 and the innovation to be expected in the Crown in a next generation mobility society.

The features of the Crown Concept are as follows:

Innovative driving performance as part of Toyota's pursuit of "Fun to Drive"
To offer customers the enjoyment of driving cars while pursuing a future mobility society, TMC has re-designed cars from scratch, including building the new Crown Concept on a platform based on Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA), and has conducted testing in Nürburgring, Germany. In addition to responsive handling performance, driving stability is realized whether driving in low-speed areas or high-speed areas and whether on smooth surfaces or rough surfaces. The driver is in control, put at ease, and can enjoy the driving experience.

Pursuit of innovative evolution in order to fully realize connected technology as a service
Responding to an IoT society with complete implementation of Data Communication Modules (DCM)
Toyota hopes to provide new value to customers by utilizing big data that is acquired from DCMs installed in Toyota vehicles. The DCM will come standard in the commercial model of the Crown Concept.

From "safety realized by one car" to "safety realized by the whole city"
Toyota's advanced technologies not only include automatic braking, but also ITS Connect, a connected technology service that keeps society safe as a whole through the sharing of information on things like traffic signals and other vehicles. Toyota has contributed to the early development of connected technology by participating in public and private demonstration experiments.

Enhancement of your driving lifestyle with big data
By utilizing the mobility service platform, Toyota aims to contribute to solving societal problems, for example, by reducing traffic jams in cities through the utilization of data on traffic congestion. Additionally, Toyota aims to diagnose vehicles remotely using vehicle data collected from DCMs to predict potential vehicular issues and the necessity for vehicular maintenance. Call centers provide quick and appropriate support and provide customers a sense of safety and security.
Toyota aims to offer a car that can continue to excite drivers, well into ownership, and believes that the remote technology unique to this connected car, as well as the utilization of a new mobility service, can provide an exciting evolution to the driving lifestyles of its customers. The commercial model of the Crown Concept is scheduled to be released around the summer of 2018.

Crown Concept (general specifications)
Name: Crown Concept
Length (mm): 4,910
Width (mm): 1,800
Height (mm): 1,455
Wheelbase (mm): 2,920
Seating (Occupants): 5

http://newsroom.toyota.co.jp/en/detail/18946896