Toyota EV/eTNGA Rumor Thread

Will1991

Reactions
@ssun30 , do you have any new information on soon to be launched BEV or even PHEV sedans for Europe? I'm currently dealing with some oil leaks on my Avensis, so it get me thinking on buying a new car sooner than initially expected... Doing +2000km per month on a 21 year old car is starting to take is toll and I want to preserve it.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
There were rumors in Japanese media how LQ is close to production as it is... This kind of proves it

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
@ssun30 , do you have any new information on soon to be launched BEV or even PHEV sedans for Europe? I'm currently dealing with some oil leaks on my Avensis, so it get me thinking on buying a new car sooner than initially expected... Doing +2000km per month on a 21 year old car is starting to take is toll and I want to preserve it.
Just buy the C-HR EV when it goes on sale.

Will1991

Reactions
Just buy the C-HR EV when it goes on sale.

We're only getting the UX300e, by the end of this year pricing it's expected to be announced for Portugal, I think i can get a opportunity to test-drive it by 2021Q1. Was hoping for a more Euro-friendly CCS DC charging and for a sedan, but pending how my Avensis is fixed, I might go for it as I don't really see me going for a non-plugable car...

If you ear something else, please keep us posted

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
We're only getting the UX300e, by the end of this year pricing it's expected to be announced for Portugal, I think i can get a opportunity to test-drive it by 2021Q1. Was hoping for a more Euro-friendly CCS DC charging and for a sedan, but pending how my Avensis is fixed, I might go for it as I don't really see me going for a non-plugable car...

If you ear something else, please keep us posted

They might expand availability of CHR EV to Europe as well...

BenzCity

Fan
Reactions
Here is the ProAce Electric, which pretty much will be Toyota's first electric vehicle offering in Europe.

toyota-proace-electric-202067539-1589889500_2.jpg

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Patent image for the compact electric SUV and a larger electric SUV spotted in China.

We don't know the dimensions of this compact yet. Could this mean an early EOL for C-HR EV?

Not sure if this is the full-size or the mid-size SUV. Chinese media compared it to the Highlander and determined it's slightly larger.
Both designs use a digital rear view mirror.

Last edited:

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Patent image for the compact electric SUV and a larger electric SUV spotted in China.

We don't know the dimensions of this compact yet. Could this mean an early EOL for C-HR EV?
View attachment 4146
View attachment 4147

Not sure if this is the full-size or the mid-size SUV. Chinese media compared it to the Highlander and determined it's slightly larger.
View attachment 4148
View attachment 4149
Both designs use a digital rear view mirror.
This is just two of the six concept cars released at the same time when e-tnga was announced last year.
EB5964B2-1FB5-4D42-9B92-34600C51604B.jpeg

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Toyota is supposed to have eight EVs before 2025 (10-C-HR/Izoa). In the original announcement they mentioned a mid-size sedan and a compact hatchback, but neither of them is on this picture and I don't know why.

They got smarter? SUVs sell and they are more expensive by default too.

CHR has 3 more years in the market before new generation, so the interesting thing here would next gen CHR EV exist or will it be replaced with new EV model completely different?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
They got smarter? SUVs sell and they are more expensive by default too.

CHR has 3 more years in the market before new generation, so the interesting thing here would next gen CHR EV exist or will it be replaced with new EV model completely different?

If CUVs sell it is smart to have many of them and only one sedan. It is not smart to have no sedan at all.