2nd Generation Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ Thread (3cyl GR 86 Coming?)

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Wow, it looks like the render, but in reality it looks even better. Like the IS, they'll make an amazingly good looking facelift.

They moved the licence plate in the rear from the trunk to the bumper, I like that.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Wow, it looks like the render, but in reality it looks even better. Like the IS, they'll make an amazingly good looking facelift.

They moved the licence plate in the rear from the trunk to the bumper, I like that.

Of course, the real thing always has more of a visual impact. The only thing I'm going to nitpick are the taillights. On the side profile of the render they look correct. They are horizontal on the end, but on both 3/4 view they are slanted. Hard to time, but in the low quality spy shots they look like they stick outwards like on the Zupra.

Same here, I almost always prefer the plates on the rear bumper vs in the middle of the trunk.

Anyways, how the renderings compare to the current 86.

V0rpnPG.png

c5ww6yn.jpg

uXhLZkl.jpg

bup7ZbD.jpg

RVdlDTs.jpg

3RkECVr.jpg

cJHVNJj.jpg

NKCLoML.jpg

LuD2Iew.jpg

Xlf7eUi.jpg

Napx5Ad.jpg

4avU4zF.jpg

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
It's the same cycle of the current GT-R
They take the same procedures and same steps from Nissan, which isn't a bad thing though!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It looks good. It looks like it deserves a 2UR.

Attachments

• IMG_20200810_230106.png
    IMG_20200810_230106.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Reaction from FT86Club. Some people have pointed out that more items on the red render that are off such as how the hood is a bit higher than the beltline. However, all overall still pretty close imo.

Last edited:

supra93

Expert
Reactions
What do you guys think will be under the hood? Will the 2.0 live on? Does the rumored 2.4 NA sound reasonable? If yes, wouldn't that effect pricing of the 86 in places like the EU because of the displacement tax? Or maybe only markets without the displacement tax will receive the 2.4? Lastly some people are talking about a 1.8 turbo.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
FA20 will EOL due to emissions. Re-certifying it will probably bring power down to 180-190hp and torque to less than 200N.m

FA24 will be fine. 10% max power gain isn't an issue. The problem with the FA20 has always been the mid-range torque dip and that's what makes the car feel slow. If the FA24 has similar torque curve to Toyota's own A25 it will have 30% more mid-range torque which is a huge difference in driving feel and performance.

The FA18DIT from what I heard is a low specific output engine aimed for efficiency. It replaces the FB25 NA and FB16DIT. If there is a GR/STI version it will use the FA24DIT.

super51fan

Follower
Reactions
Although I don't see this happening: It would be cool if one had a high(er) revving N/A 2.4L and the other having the 2.0 or 1.8 turbo making the same power. This would set the two cars apart and give buyers the choice of N/A or turbo.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
It looks good, very good. I want to see the interior, if they changed it or left it the same like new IS.