Toyota C-HR prologue

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Globally, the new-generation C-HR will only be available with Toyota's popular self-charging hybrid technology as well as a new plug-in hybrid (PHEV) variant. Toyota Australia currently has no plans to introduce the PHEV variant to the Australian market.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Why can't Toyota ever let Lexus have their own design cues :unsure:

That looks like the RX's beluga bump with a semi-spindle below.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Suprised this is not North America-bound. Looks better than a Corolla Cross and likely cheaper than a RAV4.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Suprised this is not North America-bound. Looks better than a Corolla Cross and likely cheaper than a RAV4.
But it is too small for North America. The Corolla Cross (already selling well) is the smaller-than-RAV4 crossover for North America.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
seems like new Prius will influence future Toyota designs, inside and out.

Fun part - CHR Hybrid has one pedal driving, while BZ4x does not.

Massively popular vehicle in Europe.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
But it is too small for North America. The Corolla Cross (already selling well) is the smaller-than-RAV4 crossover for North America.
There used to be a CH-R in North America, I'm not sure if it sold well with that blind spot.

Looks like it will have to be priced below the Corolla Cross, if it's smaller in dimensions? Consumers in North America seem to equate price to size haha.

Good thing my wife doesn't like the Crown Sport Type look, so she won't like the Prius or this CH-R haha. Will have to wait for something else, looks like it may very well be the IS BEV if it ticks the few requirements I want in a new car purchase.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• New bolder Toyota C-HR designed, developed and manufactured in Europe
  • New Toyota C-HR has 100% electrified line-up including a plug-in hybrid variant
  • New investment of €308 million expands TMMT's overall electrified mobility production to include first battery assembly in Europe