Toyota BZ4X

Levi

Expert
Reactions
As a tin foil hat wearer, never rule out sabotage. Didn't Tesla fans also claim sabotage in some cases?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
didnt similar TSB appear for Sequoia or Tundra?
Im familiar with the Tundra TSB. They have solutions to that recall which is to retorque. The BZ4x is a buy back I can only guess why.

Either way I assume Toyota PR is working overtime to clean this scenario.

Will1991

Reactions
Had the opportunity to seat inside a bz4x for a couple of minutes, some key points:

- It’s almost impossible to get a comfortable driving position without the steering wheel top arc blocking the speedometer;
- The inside floor is really high, so the interior ergonomics are somewhere between a TM3 (you can’t have your knees at an expected SUV angle) and a NX, it reminds me the first gen X3, older ML’s;
- It has a really nice legroom but you can’t place your feet under the front seats;
- It doesn’t seemed that bigger than the RAV4 due to the design, the RZ should be on point;
- Sales are not allowed for now (both BZ4X and RZ450e) in Portugal;
- It feels more spacious inside, than what it seems outside.

Right after I stepped into a NX450h+, that car messes with me!

Last edited:

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Does anyone here suppose that Toyota deliberately wants to buy back cars and not sell any because they are not BEV friendly? They are nearly anti-BEV. Makes me wonder, because thread locker could have fixed this issue on day one of the issue, I would think... :unsure:

qtb007

Follower
Reactions
It cost an absolute fortune to develop a new car and buying back cars is a black eye to their reputation. They will want the bZ4x out on the market again ASAP to put the buyback in the past and hopefully have happy customers. You also shouldn’t put thread locker on a bolt that you remove every 5000miles. Thread locker bolts are more 1 shot and done, do not reuse bolt if removed. Buyers aren’t going to want to buy new lug bolts every 10k miles or rely on the local tire shop to apply thread locker every time they rotate tires.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
This unit was already registered in Portugal, but wasn’t allowed to be driven.
They also told me the solution has been found and that’s going to be done soon, they chose to delay the repair to bring it to this event.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
It cost an absolute fortune to develop a new car and buying back cars is a black eye to their reputation. They will want the bZ4x out on the market again ASAP to put the buyback in the past and hopefully have happy customers. You also shouldn’t put thread locker on a bolt that you remove every 5000miles. Thread locker bolts are more 1 shot and done, do not reuse bolt if removed. Buyers aren’t going to want to buy new lug bolts every 10k miles or rely on the local tire shop to apply thread locker every time they rotate tires.
I wonder if they are repurposing those vehicles before the title gets stamped as part of the buy back process. If they did, a nice bunch of "open box" BZ4x allocations just opened up lol.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Repurpose into the RZ.

"UHHH we need to recall these... the uhhh, the wheels fall off"

• Haha
Reactions: RAL