9b1aa800gy1h2lrzd7im6j20zk0qo11j.jpg

9b1aa800gy1h2lrzcs937j20zk1bedtc.jpg

Happy to finally see it!

And what it seems to be a nice render:

toyota-adelanto-202286943-1653473992_1.jpg

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
If the bZ sedan is now seen on the (Chinese) roads, does that mean that we should expect introduction soon -- about a year or two?

The lease on my Camry Hybrid expires in December 2023 and I am already wondering if I can get a new PHEV or EV, or if I should hold on to the Camry a bit longer.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The RX might give us a hint of which direction Toyota is internally targeting as their path forward for their next generation of hybrids.

The big thing in recent times for Toyota has been depairing the v6 NA, and giving everyone a Lithium ion based traction battery. I assume folks are looking for electric range out of the P/HEV in the economy segment, while luxury buyers are looking for more power.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Spyshot has shorter front overhang than render.

Looks good, better than Tesla 3.

It does look like a good looking Prius in concept.

With the Prius being a "sedan" and being born before the CUV/SUV craze, the Prius now is 'dead', mostly because of its form factor (not CUV), so it there even a new one? Now that any Toyota is HEV and PHEV, the Prius has no purpose. And BEVs have bZ nomenclature.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
New Prius is expected mid 2023 as a 4 door coupe and a change in direction as sportier alternative to Corolla hybrid.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Prius is going to be a sporty car? How will it shake the Prius stigma off? Maybe the contrary, finally the Prius everybody wanted.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Shape looks a lot like i4. part sedan, part coupe, part tall/lifted.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
Personally, I think this car won't come to NA anytime soon. Probably just Asian market car

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
For bZ3 with BYD battery and motors, does Toyota offer the same battery warranty? I mean retaining 90% or 80% after 10 yrs thing?
By preordering, you get unlimited warranty for "3-electric systems" (battery, motor, ESU) as the first owner and a bunch of other benefits worth ¥20000. That's why it gets so many preorders.

The 10-year 90% guarantee is the same.

By the way :ROFLMAO:
bz3.png

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
By preordering, you get unlimited warranty for "3-electric systems" (battery, motor, ESU) as the first owner and a bunch of other benefits worth ¥20000. That's why it gets so many preorders.

The 10-year 90% guarantee is the same.

By the way :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 6927
Can you give some insight on bZ3 as well? I mean alot of members here including yourself says bZ4X is a total crap in terms of software and overall efficiency. How is the bZ3 stacks up?

Also in the official press release, Toyota mentioned they 'co-develop' with BYD. So, basically they do not just provide/supply the battery and motors, they also involved in development?

Will1991

Reactions
Toyota already stated they've asked BYD to help them on how to make the overall R&D faster.

If my memory isn't tricking me, they managed to do it in 3 years instead of the usual 5.