Toyota and the lost chances

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
I keep thinking from a month or 2 on the lost dreams that was step away and did fruited with no specific reason.

I am talking mainly about Toyota taking or merging with another Automakers.

1) Jaguar: In early 90s Toyota was closer than ford for taking Jaguar
2) Rover: same when Honda wanted to sell Rover group the closest was Toyota and suddenly BMW take it instead.
3) BMW: itself was nearly down and there was a bid in late 90s and only VAG and TMC was the runners before the Germans interfere politically.
4) Aston Martin: Dr.Ulrich bez and Akio San were and still real friends, they even let each other race with each maker cars.
5) Lotus: I can't say except until now even after Geely take it they still uses the Toyota 3.5l , and they used some different types of Toyota engines more than any other maker.
6) Tesla: Toyota owned nearly 10% of Tesla and give it NUMMI and then sold it for nothing, that maybe one of the most suspicious move in the car industry.
7) Nissan: in the early 00 was dying and was R&D power house and was very near to Toyota, strangely the Toyota left a Japanese Maker to non Japanese to take it over.
8)Isuzu: lately Toyota made Isuzu bought it's share back in the time everyone needs truck.

Those are the 8 strangely yet obviously something happened made TMC though foolishly to abounded them, and I need to hear from you guys, what maker was nearer to Toyota, but Toyota left it strangely and what benefit may happen it Toyota did it