Lexus GS F Top Gear-Twin test: BMW M5 ‘30 Jahre’ vs Lexus GS F

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Thanks for making plain how the deck was stacked ...
IMO anyone with eyes can see the GS F's interior is superior in simplicity, design, etc.

The interior of a BMW (and also Audi) is boring, and not a little bit, it's Spartan.
And this said by someone who lives in Europe....

Reactions: RAL

RAL

Reactions
James, you are 100% correct. People with small minds, who normally are not in a position to EVER buy a car like this, just want to Internet race.
I choose to drive an IS F Sport because I've been buying Lexus since 2006 and personally driving one since 2008.
Prior to that, I spent most of my driving career behind the wheel of a GM V8 powered Pony car.
I, maturely, learned long ago not to get caught up in the "I'm faster than you, therefore I'm better than you" trap.
There is ALWAYS someone out there faster than you. And why do you care?
In my nine years around the Lexus brand, Lexus customers do not choose Lexus because it's faster than brand X.
It's chosen because of its prestige; it's fanatical desire to deliver a good looking and reliable product; offer a consistently outstanding ownership experience from showroom to service department.
I've sampled, driven, considered German cars and even Japanese competitors Acura and Infiniti.
Yes, I could choose to select another model with more HP and faster 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. But Lexus presents the right combination of performance, luxury and attractive exterior and interior packaging that keeps me loyal.
In practical application on city streets in most metropolitan cities, who cares if your overpriced, unreliable, cult like German McBland mobile is .5 faster?

Bravo! ... well said!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
The interior of a BMW (and also Audi) is boring, and not a little bit, it's Spartan.
And this said by someone who lives in Europe....
Thank you for confirming what I've been saying for years. There is a certain in-your-face arrogance about how the German Big 3 present a bland interior that lacks the ergonomics of a Lexus and just expect you to accept it.
Me, I reject it! :thumbsdown: