Tire & Wheel Protection Service Agreement

Reactions
Brought home our first Lexus last Saturday. I do not normally buy service contracts, however my wife has a propensity to curbing her wheels, so I bought the Tire & Wheel Platinum Plus service agreement.

Well, by Monday evening, the front wheel had curb damage on it. She swears that it wasn't her, but I know it wasn't there on Sunday and she is the only one who drove the car on Monday.

At any rate, I am sick about the whole thing and am wondering what others experience has been with this service agreement. Do I have any sort of waiting period before I can file a claim? Do they do a good job when repairing the wheels? Anything else I should know?

resize.jpg resize.jpg resize1.jpg resize2.jpg

Last edited:

RAL

Reactions
My wife did the same thing to one of the wheels on my IS. I don't have a protection contract covering the wheels, but they fixed the wheel for $120. Looks brand new. Good luck, they should be able to take care of you.

Reactions
My wife did the same thing to one of the wheels on my IS. I don't have a protection contract covering the wheels, but they fixed the wheel for $120. Looks brand new. Good luck, they should be able to take care of you.

Thank you. I would have thought that it would have cost more than $120 to fix. Seems like there are a lot of steps involved especially with labor rates as high as they are ($145/hr here in MD). They must use an outside service and have them repair 10 at the same time.