3rd Generation Toyota Tundra (2022+) Master Thread

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
To be fair 95% of modern 'offroad tech' are useless gimmick that add things to break down. Completely gimmick-less LC70 and G-wagen are still the most capable offroaders ever made.

Right, tank turn on an ICE vehicle is more things to break. On an EV it can be purely software if you have separate driver and passenger side motors on at least one axle.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The 200-series/LX570 has had tank turn (turn assist control) since 2007. I don't know about USDM but ChDM/Middle East Spec LX570 all come standard with tank turn.

LX owners in China absolutely love to brag about that tech. But IRL it's a useless gimmick.

To be fair 95% of modern 'offroad tech' are useless gimmick that add things to break down. Completely gimmick-less LC70 and G-wagen are still the most capable offroaders ever made.

Only the previous generetion G Wagon Professional, which is yet sold in some markets alongside the new one.

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
We are definitely close to an unveil. 3-4 months doesn’t seem like a long time when the truck should’ve been here over a year ago. Now I’m just waiting to see Toyota throw an official teaser in January or so.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Toyota_Tundra_005.jpg

Reactions
hoping it wont follow f150 headlights. they are fugly. the current ones are much better

Edit: i think most are assuming TTv6 + hybrid but i have a feeling its just the 3.5v6 + hybrid you see in lc hybrid and gs hybrid

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
How knows maybe the Tundra will turn out to be a hybrid truck
3.5v6 hybrid
and another higher TT3.5v6 hybrid

Motorsnwheels

Follower
Reactions
I must say I have been hyped for a new Tundra for about a year and with this and the spy shots from a few days ago I am sort of deflated. I will still wait to see what it looks like with official photos and information about the truck but so far I am not a fan. Time will tell.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly,
Exterior design & Cabin size, wise the current generation doesn't need a lot

It lacks mostly in suspension and knew upgraded interior

The engine for me can live for another generation

b.ba

Fan
Reactions

Will1991

Reactions
He does know a lot info from all the industry... Really hope for him to comeback to LE.

And it's not only about all of this scoops, he really knows how they work, those post regarding design evolutions and models history...

Reactions
He does know a lot info from all the industry... Really hope for him to comeback to LE.

It's a tragedy that he left because of a bunch of trolls. This guy was one of the few insiders who have helped us learn so much about the upcoming developments for TMC. He's a total gem.

Shame on Toyota/Lexus for being so unnecessarily secretive.

Last edited: