3rd Generation Toyota Tundra (2022+) Master Thread

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
OK so it's very high probability this will be a parallel hybrid system as Japanese sources suggested for the LC300 and most likely based on Hino hybrid trucks. They went for the more durable and more powerful but less efficient layout for utility trucks. Good to see them making that choice. And another good thing is this system could be adapted for Lexus F models as well due to its scalability.

One thing I don't understand is why some people have concerns with the reliability of turbocharged gasoline engines. Some of the toughest trucks in the world use turbodiesel. Is there a big difference between the two?

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
OK so it's very high probability this will be a parallel hybrid system as Japanese sources suggested for the LC300 and most likely based on Hino hybrid trucks. They went for the more durable and more powerful but less efficient layout for utility trucks. Good to see them making that choice. And another good thing is this system could be adapted for Lexus F models as well due to its scalability.

One thing I don't understand is why some people have concerns with the reliability of turbocharged gasoline engines. Some of the toughest trucks in the world use turbodiesel. Is there a big difference between the two?

Change is bad.....lol

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Seems consistent with everything I have heard. Looking forward to it.

Regarding infotainment, now that everything has CarPlay, Android Auto and Alexa... what else do people what? What else does anyone need? Can't imagine what a next gen infotainment interface would be like.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions

Regarding infotainment, now that everything has CarPlay, Android Auto and Alexa... what else do people what? What else does anyone need? Can't imagine what a next gen infotainment interface would be like.

Hard to imagine for sure. Unless smartphones are replaced..its carplay and AA for the foreseeable future.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions

Wireless (Bluetooth) CarPlay and Android Auto?

BenzCity

Fan
Reactions

Wireless connection, better graphics. I've read some reviews criticising Toyota/Lexus Infotainment graphics.

View attachment 4124

That's the only photo he put in the video

Did he say, where he got it from?

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Mind reading.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
copyright,Toyota USA? What does this video say?
The video said
1) SR, SR5 & Limited base engine will be V6TT
2) Hybrid V6TT will be optional in SR, SR5 & Limited but base in TRD & Platinum
3) Crew Cab & Double Cab are here to stay
4) Different bed lengths
5) gave us this sketch as the side silhouette

That's it so far

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Never seen a video be copyright claimed by Toyota. Toyota Thanos snapped that info, which means some legit info was being leaked.

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
The video said
1) SR, SR5 & Limited base engine will be V6TT
2) Hybrid V6TT will be optional in SR, SR5 & Limited but base in TRD & Platinum
3) Crew Cab & Double Cab are here to stay
4) Different bed lengths
5) gave us this sketch as the side silhouette
View attachment 4126

That's it so far

The only thing he really said was that there would a V6TT and a V6TT hybrid. I dont think the hybrid will be turbo. I think the guy just guessed.