He's active on vwvortex.He does know a lot info from all the industry... Really hope for him to comeback to LE.
And it's not only about all of this scoops, he really knows how they work, those post regarding design evolutions and models history...
Sounds good to me! Just hoping battery pack & equipment don't negatively affect reliability/longevity, or towing. As others have said, glad to see EV/Hybrid tech moving into the truck segment as they are already well positioned to accommodate heavy batteries/electric motors, etc. It will be...
I've said it many times the past year, to the point of Motor1 getting a lengthy email from me and reporting on it in February. Ditto for The Drive and other outlets.
Sequoia was due for cancellation until 2015 (dealers begged), when a minor refresh was developed for 2018 and another for 2020, new model program was initiated in 2017.
2023 MY, as TMMTX is being renovated to accommodate Sequoia production starting in 2022. I believe that even tooling tests will be conducted for 2023 Sequoia next year, as it's already underway for 2022 Tundra and is where the photo in lighting came from. Tacoma is moving to Mexico-only production by end of 2021.
Also have 100% confirmation Tacoma is solidified for MY 2024, every body on frame USA Toyota for 2023MY has been fully styled and only one remaining is 2024 Tacoma (final design almost done), which is scheduled for Q3 2023.
- Spring 2021: 2022 Land Cruiser 300 (not for USA)
- July 2021: Last of 200 Series arrives in USA
- Late 2021: 2022 Tundra (Currently tooling assembly and final prototype testing)
- Q3 2022: 2023 Sequoia (design is frozen, prototypes in testing)
- October 2022: 2023 4Runner (design is frozen, prototypes being developed)
- Q3 2023: 2024 Tacoma (wrapping up design process)
- CY2023-24: Land Cruiser nameplate reintroduced to USA on smaller bodystyle (being studied)*
(Anyone that doesn't believe non-asterisk items, you will see later )