The Shoes|Sneaker thread

mikeavelli

Reactions
Okay so anyone else into shoes? Its a problem for me lol. Dress shoes I like Allen Edmonds, Mezlan and Johnston Murphy. Sneakers I like Air Max 1 & 90s and really like the Nike "hyperfeel". I also am into Puma's Motorsport Collection. I actually got my first pair of New Balance 586's and they are maybe the most comfortable shoe I've worn, I was shocked.

Anyone else?

image.jpg

Onelog

Follower
Reactions
Converse All Star, all day every day. hah, I'm sitting on around 75 different pairs I've slowly been collecting through the years.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
It's a bit of a problem for me too, but I try really hard to minimize my spending. My preference is pretty left-field, but I'm really into high-end European hiking shoes and boots lol. That and nice driving/casual shoes, but I'm pretty picky and inconsistent about those.

Brooks2IS

Premium Member
Reactions
Huge fan of New Balance 574's. Other than that, can't go wrong with a pair of Cole Haan's or some Clark's!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
PUMA or bare feet.
Driving shoes in black & white suede, also blue suede.
Vedano dress shoes in black, brown & gray.
Running shoes in black & white, red & black.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Most of you have probably seen me write, in my auto reviews, about my big Men's Size-15 circus-clown feet and shoes, and how the gas/brake-pedal design/location in a vehicle affects my ability to quickly raise my foot off the gas without hanging it up on the underside of the brake pedal. Well, when you have feet my size, open-toed shoes, thongs, flip-flops, etc.......usually aren't much of problem, but it can sometimes be difficult to find dress-type, athletic, or more formal types of shoes that fit, unless you go to special stores and pay a fortune. Most stores generally only go up to size 13, and only keep a couple of 14s or 15s in stock, though I find that I can wear some types of closed-toe footwear marked 13 without foot-discomfort. In general, though, I need 15s. I actually have bought some shoes in thrift-stores, not only because they are cheap, but also because they are not size-limited like in many regular shoe stores.

(For brand-new casual and non-formal footwear, BTW, I have found Wal-Mart's to generally have the lowest prices, but their shoes are not particularly durable, and wear out rather quickly. So, I guess the old saying still goes, at least to some extent...you get what you pay for).;)

Last edited:

Och

Admirer
Reactions
I used to wear mostly Nike's but switched to New Balance a few years back. I had a nice contract doing some construction work for New Balance flagship store in Manhattan, and made a decent profit. Combine that with the fact that most of their sneakers are made in the US, and it made perfect sense to switch.

I wear their series 990 during warmer months and mw956gt during cold weather, and use 1260 for running/gym going. They are great

DoingDamage

Premium Member
Reactions
I used to be a Nike sneaker head growing up. But, my pockets wouldn't allow me to stay with Nike, lol. I started looking at other shoes. I went to Asics and was amazed on good they felt when running and walking. They fit better than any Nikes I had. Then, I did some work for Mizzuno. Spoke with a couple of people there and really noticed the quality in their shoes. Bought some later on that year and I haven't looked back.

All I buy now are Mizzuno and Uggs.

bnizzle87

Fan
Reactions
I still go after the Kobe Collection. I'll never have his game, but damn, they're sexy. For casual wear and hitting the gym, it's New Balance for me. I have unusually large, wide, and flat feet, so thankfully NB fits the bill with its offerings. I'm still on the lookout for a 4E (wide) racing shoe...

Reactions
Someone here has to have a pair of these:
A-Closer-Look-At-the-adidas-Originals-Yeezy-Boost-350-3.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I wear New Balance and Onitsuka Tigers pretty much exclusively. My latest pair of New Balances were the 1210s, which are meant for ultra-runners and completely wasted on me -- I like the color way:

FRO540f6d_13517582315_4ab69fff6e_b.jpg

P.S. This is not my photo.

Reactions
I love shoes, but not so much that i look for the really rare kinds. lately i've been really in to the nike airmax 1 & 90s, the latest pair i got was the airmax 1 picnic pack. i love the simple look of it, but inside you have the classic red & white plaid "picnic blanket" soles. since i'm a foodie as well, the nike logo on the soles drawn in "mustard" really takes the cake :)

AM1-Picnic.jpg
am9032-565x372.jpg

Reactions
hello all,

can someone pls tell me the brand and name of these shoes? found on the net and couldn't figure out how to get it.

thamks

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 4

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
I love shoes, but not so much that i look for the really rare kinds. lately i've been really in to the nike airmax 1 & 90s, the latest pair i got was the airmax 1 picnic pack. i love the simple look of it, but inside you have the classic red & white plaid "picnic blanket" soles. since i'm a foodie as well, the nike logo on the soles drawn in "mustard" really takes the cake :)

AM1-Picnic.jpg
am9032-565x372.jpg

Not a big Nike guy, but those are amazing. Great find.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Ok, I need to get to Nike store and shop these shoes, the Shoe Palace store's not cutting it...