The Official "I'm Struggling with Lexus" Thread

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
@Jonas , you keep saying New NX = NO but have you seen the actual New NX? Have you seen it's potential plug in power train? We assume it will grow in size so it might be similar to the current RX.
Potential and something you (we) assume. Hard to see something like that.

My point is - the alternatives should already be out there in production models or need to be very soon.

If you look at what there actually exists today and what I want as a Lexus customer:

The sedans are out. My Lexuses have included several GS 450h. The Fs are out. Have owned the RC F, GS F and LC 500. The SUVs. Would serve my current needs better. NX is nice (owned 2) but not for me anymore.

To conclude, I am not interested in something bellow the current RX. I don´t care if the new Lexus models are called xxx or yyy. I want something above the current RX. There are alternatives to Lexus out there and the time is running up for me.

Last edited:

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Can’t buy or drive a concept or something Lexus teases. The same with rumours.

Problems with product cadance?

- No, the band has a mystic music concept that it teases! Just some problems with rythm, timing, tuning and power to sort out before releasing the album sometime in the future.

Tracks on the album?

- Nobody knows, but there are rumours.

I've been driving in my car, it's not quite a Lexus
I bought it at the dealer from a bloke from Japan
It was made in the future in a factory in a foreign land
It says Concept on the door, the factory teased it before
I drive in it for my job, the governor calls it madness
But I don't really care, just give me a production car,
some gas and open air

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
I'm almost 100% sure that some upper-level executives at Lexus saw this (and I'm sure they lurk here regularly) and decided to throw us a bone. As a lifelong Toyota/Lexus fan, I hope to not see this thread in a long while. I've regularly checked this site and at one point this thread seemed to be the most active.

With the recent news about the new F sport model and new speculation about the LS, it's almost like Lexus knew what it was doing to stir the spot...

*fingers crossed*

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I'm almost 100% sure that some upper-level executives at Lexus saw this (and I'm sure they lurk here regularly) and decided to throw us a bone. As a lifelong Toyota/Lexus fan, I hope to not see this thread in a long while. I've regularly checked this site and at one point this thread seemed to be the most active.

With the recent news about the new F sport model and new speculation about the LS, it's almost like Lexus knew what it was doing to stir the spot...

*fingers crossed*
Totally agree that this thread took off and wish it would go away and hell I created this thread...I was pissed! I am still am! I know Lexus is trying and there is some exciting news but like I need products like yesterday. They are way behind in so much across their LU that every day I wander more and more away from them...I want to stay but they need to earn it! I honestly can't look at like a GX and an X5 and be like yup I like both equally cause the X5 looks so much better (I know not exactly Apples to Apples) but both have the space I need.

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Know I said this before...

Personally I am almost done waiting on Lexus.

As I understand this forum the new model now teased by Lexus is most likely a more powerful sedan (IS). And the LF-1 is out of the picture. Fed up with more concepts and speculations.

With no new more powerful and sportier model above the current RX 450h f-sport within sight in the near future I have revised my thinking.

This decision is due to what car would meet my needs as a custumer as well as environmental incentives. What I want could or could not be in place for in best case 2022 or even later.

So, a sportier CUV or CUV, with or without new technology, from Lexus is out of my plans.

Most likely I will buy a sportier car just to have some fun with, Alpine A110S or Supra or something in that direction.

My current RX will be replaced with something else, not necessarily a Lexus. Or maybe I will keep it for a longer period than planned, but then I will not be buying a new Lexus for the first time in 20 years.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I wanted this to be updated today because...hope has been restored!!!

Unfortunately the IS500 is not the car for me and my future needs but what the IS500 is, is a huge step in the right direction. After looking at more competitor cars the past year than ever before I truly am excited about something with Lexus which has been a long time since I have felt that. You need to be excited about the brand's cars and while the ES/RX/NX are amazing bread and butter you need something that people look at and envy at wanted that car one day.

Lexus still has a lot of work to do across the board for their products but the excitement that they are feeling from the positive reaction (I know our site is super pumped and I can't imagine other car sites aren't raving about this car!) they need to continue and build on this momentum.

I said this in another thread but seriously if they actually listened to everyone complaining about the IS refresh and did something about it that is really cool.

Will 2/22/2021 be a turning point in Lexus that will be on the map of it's history just like when the LFA came out? I guess we will see.

Reactions
Wrong there wasnt a fuel leak. The car is poorly engineered.

The NX series needs re-thinking. Its illogical to spend energy dragging a ton of battery that serves little use. Unless stuck in traffic at slow speeds under 30 kmph , it uses the small overrunning engine consuming much fuel. Additionally, the battery only serves for a few km until its drained so is useless.

The propulsion needs completely redesigning to ensure it uses the battery more than it does. On a journey outside slow city traffic the battery and electric drive system is merely excess weight serving no useful purpose.

To sell an expensive luxury vehicle with a primitive navigation / electronic system is a disgusting con and a demonstration of Lexus incompetence. Proving that, in the manner in which they attempted a fix, BY PLUGGING IN A SMARTPHONE connected by a cable hanging around the cabin --are you kidding me, this in 2021!

The Lane Assist needs perfecting. That too is badly designed . Overall its not a good car. Far from perfect. Poorly designed. The electric part is a total waste of money serving no useful purpose. Removing the battery and its motor drive train would lighten the vehicle by 50%. The small engine would suffice to offer reasonable performance., acceleration and fuel economy. Without all that garbage the price would be reduced by 20,000 $ or € to make it value for money.

I don't understand why the people on this thread are so fascinated with this car. I wonder what cars theyve owned previously. I would NEVER buy another version of this model, and urge to everybody who asks about my satisfaction , not to consider it.

Finally. Lexus to whom I've addressed my dissatisfaction about the primitive navigation system, are totally disinterested. a sign they will not improve in the short term.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Wrong there wasnt a fuel leak. The car is poorly engineered.

The NX series needs re-thinking. Its illogical to spend energy dragging a ton of battery that serves little use. Unless stuck in traffic at slow speeds under 30 kmph , it uses the small overrunning engine consuming much fuel. Additionally, the battery only serves for a few km until its drained so is useless.

The propulsion needs completely redesigning to ensure it uses the battery more than it does. On a journey outside slow city traffic the battery and electric drive system is merely excess weight serving no useful purpose.

To sell an expensive luxury vehicle with a primitive navigation / electronic system is a disgusting con and a demonstration of Lexus incompetence. Proving that, in the manner in which they attempted a fix, BY PLUGGING IN A SMARTPHONE connected by a cable hanging around the cabin --are you kidding me, this in 2021!

The Lane Assist needs perfecting. That too is badly designed . Overall its not a good car. Far from perfect. Poorly designed. The electric part is a total waste of money serving no useful purpose. Removing the battery and its motor drive train would lighten the vehicle by 50%. The small engine would suffice to offer reasonable performance., acceleration and fuel economy. Without all that garbage the price would be reduced by 20,000 $ or € to make it value for money.

I don't understand why the people on this thread are so fascinated with this car. I wonder what cars theyve owned previously. I would NEVER buy another version of this model, and urge to everybody who asks about my satisfaction , not to consider it.

Finally. Lexus to whom I've addressed my dissatisfaction about the primitive navigation system, are totally disinterested. a sign they will not improve in the short term.

Are you okay? We don’t even know specifics yet.

Reactions
The specifics of what ? Its irrelevant . Im criticising the vehicle I have 2020 NX 300 .. is a Hybrid because its got a battery and runs a little way on ther massive weighty thing . The fact is its useless has been ignored. Its nav and electronics system is rubbish . and now I have a Google Android recommended by Lexus to replace it . If thats not an admission of total failure I dont know what is .

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The specifics of what ? Its irrelevant . Im criticising the vehicle I have 2020 NX 300 .. is a Hybrid because its got a battery and runs a little way on ther massive weighty thing . The fact is its useless has been ignored. Its nav and electronics system is rubbish . and now I have a Google Android recommended by Lexus to replace it . If thats not an admission of total failure I dont know what is .
Lol I'm assuming you did not do your research before buying the car if you are this disappointed in a car you own.

Reactions
No smile this end I can assure you . I did research the car and relied upon my previous experience with an earlier model I own in another country. This was my first experience into a Hybrid and naturally expected it to be a useful and beneficial addition. My research didnt show it to be useless on battery. Fuel consumption Lexus advertise is far less than any human that drives one can equal . So Lexus as all manfrs mislead consumers. As an experiment into Hybrid it fails and I prefer a diesel anyday. Less maintenance and lower fuel consumption with superior acceleration and a cheaper price tag . Wins hands down.

Lexus is Japanese who were known to understand electronics . This decade they have forgotten what they learnt, by installing this primitive electronic system in which even the GPS map system is a horrible demonstration of this technology . The only way they could upgrade it was to suggest Android auto with Google, proving Lexus engineers incapable of designing a working acceptable system.

Will1991

Reactions
@Command1, in your research, didn't you find this 1NX was on the last run? That a new model was coming?

Still, 11L/100km is quite hard to understand... Tell me, what was your previous car and what fuel consumption did you make?

Reactions
why would I be interested in anything that Lexus produces, they failed miserably with this model . I feel conned . and they cant put that right unless they accept the vehicle back which Id jump at in an instant . Its well put together and has comfortable seats , holds the road well and thats it. But so do most other cars these days.
I dont know wjhat you find hard about understanding a plain fact . 11 km s is what I experienced. The dealer corrected whatever the fault was and its back to the usual excessive consumption on a highway journey of 7.8 . if slow driving is involved through cities it managaes 7.6 but never ever less . Thats excessive for any car . proving that the Battery and all associated drive motor and equipment is mere dead weight serving no useful purpose at all. and I have a damned wire trailing across the console just to make the GPS and electronic sort of work . pathetic

Reactions
will1991 why would i be interested in a new model . will Lexus with hands in the and cry mea culpa and offer me a good discount for selling me a car that doesnt live up to their advertising lies. with a rotten primitive worthless electronic display GPS system. As thats not likely to happen . I , unlike most others on this thread, learn from experience and would never let Lexus in my pockets again. Id have to be a masochist - Im not !

Will1991

Reactions
I dont know wjhat you find hard about understanding a plain fact . 11 km s is what I experienced. The dealer corrected whatever the fault was and its back to the usual excessive consumption on a highway journey of 7.8 . if slow driving is involved through cities it managaes 7.6 but never ever less . Thats excessive for any car . proving that the Battery and all associated drive motor and equipment is mere dead weight serving no useful purpose at all. and I have a damned wire trailing across the console just to make the GPS and electronic sort of work . pathetic

@Command1 , now it's even harder to understand, if I remenber correctly you're from Spain, and on Lexus website ( NX | SUV Premium Híbrido 2019 | NX 300h | Lexus España (lexusauto.es) ) it states 7.0~7.6L/100km combined depending on the specification... And you're getting about it... You also talked about Mercedes doing 5L, but Mercedes reports about the same (WLTP) fuel consumption for the most efficient 200d variant.

As far as the infotainment goes, it was litteraly said and explained everywhere how it works:

This video is from 2019...

You have every right not to be happy with your car, for whatever strange reason I'm not understaing... But all that rage towards Lexus doesn't seems acceptable to be honest... Everything you're pointing out as bad, Lexus Spain was allways honest about it.