The new grill

Reactions
What year model did the new grill appear on the RX 350. I have a 2011 and was thinking of getting a new RX but the new grill is terrible!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The new grille was introduced in 2015 as a 2016 model. I don't know, I like it better than the previous model. Front end is a bit heavy, though.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
What year model did the new grill appear on the RX 350. I have a 2011 and was thinking of getting a new RX but the new grill is terrible!

Although the new RX definitely continues to sell even with that big, in-your-face, spindle-grille, your opinion is certainly not alone, Karen, and, to an extent, I agree with you.....I don't like it, either. It was first used on the 2016 model, and production started in late 2015. But, first, Ian is correct that whether you like the grille or hate it (doesn't seem to be much in between)....it won't be much of a factor when you are actually behind the wheel, driving, and enjoying the RX's nice road-manners. (Those road-manners, BTW, IMO, are much better than those of the smaller, cheaper NX). Second, if you decide the RX spindle-grille is simply too much for you, period, then may I suggest the Toyota Highlander? Same platform, same basic engineering, same 3.5L V6 and 8-speed automatic (with perhaps some minor differences in tuning), and same AWD system. The interior, especially on top-line versions, is almost as nice as the RX's, and the more-squared-off, traditional styling means better space efficiency and headroom inside. The Highlander itself has a somewhat in-your-face, bulldog-style grille, but generally not as rakish as that of the RX. The Highlander, like the RX, is available as a Hybrid if desired. Last, of course (and perhaps best for you) is the Highlander's generally lower price, although it also has a shorter warranty than the RX, and somewhat fewer customer perks while your vehicle is being serviced.

https://www.toyota.com/highlander/

USC70TOS141A021001.jpg

2017_toyota_highlander_dashboard.jpg

Last edited: