The Making of Vossen Forged Wheels x Lexus LC 500's

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi everyone....

I'm working with Lexus Corporate and Dealerships on modifying multiple LC's and of course they will feature Vossen Forged Wheels. I am going to take you through the process of the first set for a LC 500 we are building for Butler Tire/Nalley Lexus of Roswell in Atlanta. If you want to build your LC on Vossen Wheels, you can at this direct link;

http://vossen3d.com/?scene_Lexus_LC_500

The video below shows us measuring the LC 500 at Lexus Southern. We are pretty happy we can get aggressive on the car! You will also note some observations I make on the LC aerodynamics.

I will have take us straight down to the factory starting today!!

Reactions: RAL

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi everyone so here is day one!!!

The Raw Aluminum Wheel starts off between 150-180lbs. We get this down to 20-30lbs in most cases!!
IMG_7026.JPG

After the Initial Lathe Turn we get rid of about 70% of the mass. Here is an after set for the Novitec Aventador SV. You can clearly see the difference. This also dictates how concave the wheel will be for the LC.

IMG_7027.JPG

We can lathe up to 30" size wheels. We currently offer 19-24" sizes. The process takes about 30 minutes for each step (2).

IMG_7030 2.JPG

Here is the LC 500 rear wheel 1/2 way done. Notice the stark difference in the raw aluminum! It is turned over where the top will be shaved.

IMG_7035.JPG

We make every Vossen Forged wheel proudly in Miami. At anytime you can contact me and I can tell you exactly what process your wheels are in!!

IMG_7037.JPG

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
We started the milling today.... depending on the size, design etc, it takes about 1-4 hours per wheel.
IMG_7062.JPG

You can see the difference between when the mill first started to over an hour in the mill where you can see the design come to life.

IMG_7058.JPG

Here is a close up of the milling happening!

IMG_7060.JPG

Last edited: