Will1991

Reactions
I do know they are hard at work to improve range etc already and they are well aware the challenges this car faces with specs. Again I do feel when it’s revealed there will be some nice surprises.

Thank you for this input mike! It has been the most hopeful phrase in the midst of this apparent mess that has been the launch of BEV's by Lexus!

Reactions: RAL

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Like, winter right now? Or winter at the end of 2023?

One would assume this winter means current winter or before March 20th right? But what's weird when you click on the link in pr you get 404 and there is no dedicated RZ page nowhere on the website.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Because in the fight not to stress the batteries, precisely to make them last longer, Toyota has as of today introduced a limitation of two quick charges per day with no limitations on charging power. Unfortunately, this is not optimal for everyone, especially not for the taxi industry, and others."

They are so not ready for this, above is for bz4x and i assume rz as well.

Disaster, basically city driving vehicles, everything above 300 miles you should probably not try with your toyota/lexus bev.

For battery preheating, engineer said it will wait for next generation....

Will1991

Reactions

Disaster, basically city driving vehicles, everything above 300 miles you should probably not try with your toyota/lexus bev.

Where did you get that information?

Like, winter right now? Or winter at the end of 2023?

In Europe deliveries will start by spring:

"Later, in the spring, Lexus will start deliveries of its first battery electric vehicle on a dedicated platform, the RZ 450e."

Source: https://newsroom.toyota.eu/toyota-m...o-a-record-73-in-2022-09-points-year-on-year/

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Because in the fight not to stress the batteries, precisely to make them last longer, Toyota has as of today introduced a limitation of two quick charges per day with no limitations on charging power. Unfortunately, this is not optimal for everyone, especially not for the taxi industry, and others."
What's the context of this? Is this limitation there from the beginning or did they introduce a new firmware that removes limitations on charging power but limits it to two charges per day? If the user plug in quick charge for just 5min would that count as "one quick charge"?

Levi

Expert
Reactions

For now every BEV is a city driving vehicle, unless you like micro-planning trips.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
What's the context of this? Is this limitation there from the beginning or did they introduce a new firmware that removes limitations on charging power but limits it to two charges per day? If the user plug in quick charge for just 5min would that count as "one quick charge"?

There was an update this month , i assume they added it there.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

• Participating Lexus dealers to offer a ChargePoint® Home Flex charger as an option at purchase
  • Qmerit to help those RZ 450e customers who select their services through the process of locating a certified electrician for at-home EV charger installation
  • Through the ChargePoint network, guests have access to more than 80% of public charging locations in North America

Will1991

Reactions
How the system works depending on what's doing:

Vi51hhv.png

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I think it's good. I would guess the sweet spot is Premium model with Tech package and wheels for $63k.

My real complaint about the vehicle is not the range or performance but a missed opportunity to stack it with traditional Lexus interior to compensate for the technology they are missing out on. RZ has better interior than NX, that ultrasuede is awesome (once you go alcantara you dont go back) but it needs less of minimalism and more of that Lexus signature interior. I know Lexus is riding on the minimalism train because of the giant screen they keep tacking on but they need to revert that because they are very close at playing the Tesla game. And once you play Tesla game in BEV market that minimalism works for Tesla but not for anyone else. Also I have huge beef with the headlights, not even Toyota comes with such bland headlights anymore. Are those matrix headlights? And where is the yoke option?

Overall I think car looks sharp and attractive as long as you don't get it in a two-tone or that baby-blue silver. But no matter what I think even Lexus people will cross shop this with Model Y which is $5K cheaper. Now the question is will you be willing to sit inside in something like Model 3/Y everyday? I know I won't but I also don't want RZ either. For that much money I would go with RX500h or RX regular hybrid ten out of ten times.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
That's very expensive. There are much better options out there even if you ignore Model Y.

I think the most complete car in the segment is KIA EV6 or Audi Q4 e-tron. I am not impressed by Volvos although they are cheaper and faster. If you don't want a CUV you can opt for BMW i4

Will1991

Reactions
I don't mind the price tbh. Aside from the range issue, I was hoping for a 90% LF-Z look and drivetrain but it didn't happen and that's what disappointed me the most.

That should happen by 2025, it's literally on their pressroom:

"The new LF-Z Electrified concept incorporates driving performance, styling and technologies that Lexus plans to realise by 2025."

Source: https://newsroom.lexus.eu/world-premiere-of-lf-z-electrified--a-vision-of-a-new-era-for-lexus/

Basically in 3 years time we should get almost 50% more range.

The issue is for those who want to buy a car now or in short therm.

Reactions
I think the most complete car in the segment is KIA EV6 or Audi Q4 e-tron. I am not impressed by Volvos although they are cheaper and faster. If you don't want a CUV you can opt for BMW i4
I would like to put an Ariya into the comparison with BZ4X / Solterra / RZ450e as well.