Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
The more I see it the less I like it. Which is quite opposite to new RX which grew on me so bad that now I consider it the best looking Lexus right after LC. In my case RZ probably suffers because of NX. New NX does nothing for me, I could pass by it and not notice it at all. NX looks a lot better in images while in space it looks invisible for a luxury product.
It's generic, appeals exactly to the buyer that wanted a modernized NX, and that's about it. RX appears to me to be the one attempting to make a play for more buyers outside of its core audience just for those who want something less pretentious on the technology side than say MB or BMW with their newer layouts, this appeals to a styling that's less so about whalloping you with screens everywhere you go, and a much more intuitive layout than either one. All while delivering the kinda specs that one would want at this point without breaking the bank. I do completely anticipate RX to be on the top of the list when it comes down to its price category for sure. I've yet to sample its interior or exterior in-person for that matter, but I'm inclined to agree with you, it's grown on me heavily.

Will1991

Reactions
TMC trademarks RZ300e in Europe!

Since TMC has delayed launching the 2023 UX300e and we previously read some rumors about it being a limited run... Can this be used to replace the UX300e and help Lexus to have a better proposition for not much more?
Current UX300e is too expensive for what it offers.

Most probably it will have the 150kW front motor, hopefully with the same battery pack.

MrT

Reactions

Since TMC has delayed launching the 2023 UX300e and we previously read some rumors about it being a limited run... Can this be used to replace the UX300e and help Lexus to have a better proposition for not much more?

Most probably it will have the 150kW front motor, hopefully with the same battery pack.
Or with 80kW front and rear motors?

Will1991

Reactions
That would be better, but more expensive to manufacture.
It would be nice, but I’m not getting my hopes high…

spwolf

Expert
Reactions

no. It will be cheaper option for some markets for RZ.

mikeavelli

Reactions
The more I see it, the more I like it. Nice small details around. I do wish more colors were offered inside and out.

Will1991

Reactions
According to some dealers, the One Motion Grip will only be delivered by 2024...

It's not an easy start for Lexus on BEV's!

Motor

Expert
Reactions

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions

I think the last outing PR signed Lexus up for was MIB international if Im not mistaken?

I think Audi PR did the infinity wars, Acura did Thor movies, everyone wants some MCU action I guess to get them into the younger demographic? Is the cost/reward ratio that great for them, seeing how they all basically do a select title and then bow out?

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
According to some dealers, the One Motion Grip will only be delivered by 2024...

It's not an easy start for Lexus on BEV's!

Easy to see Toyota has been slacking with BEVs, especially when Hyundai/Kia/Genesis beats Toyota to the punch with 4 BEVs currently available for sale.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
they are still telling everyone it is not the future yet... very confusing message to their dealers and employees.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
There is absolutely nothing confusing at all. Toyota/Lexus will sell cars for every people's needs, on every continent, considering regulations and local market demand.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
There is absolutely nothing confusing at all. Toyota/Lexus will sell cars for every people's needs, on every continent, considering regulations and local market demand.

Except that Lexus will not. Lexus already announced going EV only.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Except that Lexus will not. Lexus already announced going EV only.
Because that is what the luxury premium market is demanding. And should the need arise, a Lexus HEV/PHEV is just a rebadge away. New ES HEV is coming, RX is just out, LX recently, GX is coming, TX too, so Lexus has new internal combustion engines vehicles on sale at least till 2030. The only thing that can stop those mentioned vehicles is sales prohibition.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Because that is what the luxury premium market is demanding. And should the need arise, a Lexus HEV/PHEV is just a rebadge away. New ES HEV is coming, RX is just out, LX recently, GX is coming, TX too, so Lexus has new internal combustion engines vehicles on sale at least till 2030. The only thing that can stop those mentioned vehicles is sales prohibition.

it is not a problem that you have that opinion, problem is that Lexus is telling its investors and customers they are going EV only but they dont believe it themselves.

Which results in delayed product, mediocre specs, bad messaging from staff on the ground and also a stop sale for last several months.

They will not be able to turn around in 6 months and say "just kidding, EVs are great"

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
it is not a problem that you have that opinion, problem is that Lexus is telling its investors and customers they are going EV only but they dont believe it themselves.

Which results in delayed product, mediocre specs, bad messaging from staff on the ground and also a stop sale for last several months.

They will not be able to turn around in 6 months and say "just kidding, EVs are great"
If anyone could pull that off, it would probably be TMC. That being said @CRSKTN mentioned here and in the EV day thread, the official line everyone is reporting, might be lost in translation as to its true meaning (on purpose or not is whole another debate).