krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-12-16-lexus-rz-450e-hero.jpg

Lexus has shared even more photos of the RZ 450e crossover coupe, showing the new EV from all angles.
2021-12-16-lexus-rz-450e-side.jpg

2021-12-16-lexus-rz-450e-rear.jpg

The RZ 450e has been buried somewhat in the wake of Tuesday’s massive reveal of six new Lexus concepts, but it remains the brand’s first fully-dedicated full-electric production model. While we wait for powertrain details and a proper look at the interior, let’s marvel at Lexus’ ability to bring concepts to production — the LF-Z concept foretold the RZ 450e to a tee:
2021-12-16-lexus-lf-z-front.jpg

2021-12-16-lexus-lf-z-rear.jpg

Continue reading...

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Certainly looks polarizing, but not the production LF-Z I was hoping for. This design would perfectly fits the 5th RX by how closely the body lines and proportions look. That being said, it is still far better than the funky iX lol.
And since it is fully revealed by now, where are the interior photos and specs?

Will1991

Reactions
We can extract another info with this launch, the second closest production ready battery electric car is a bigger SUV!

20211214_bev_36-jpg.5313

The second Lexus BEV probably is a Full size SUV, with 3 rows of seats.

RX-RZ-> 2 row SUV
TX-TZ(?)-> 3 row SUV

Reactions
Sorry, but the pictures of the RZ450e are simply an absolute disappointment. In my opinion, this vehicle has nothing at all in common with the LF-Z concept. The brawny and futuristic appearance has unfortunately been completely lost. To me, the RZ450e looks more like a Toyota than a strong new start for Lexus. The LF-Z is really fantastic, whereas the RZ just looks cheap and stale. Lexus missed a great opportunity to create something great again after the LC.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
We won't argue that LF-Z is better, and everything but RZ by it's own better than a lot of wheeled gadgets being sold

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
I feel lexus has done a subaru and toned down the concept a bit too much for the production model RZ. It looks alright I suppose. But some elements of the car, especially the headlights already look dated. Maybe they will be spruced up for higher end models? They look very basic to me.

Although having said that, I do like the rear and the two small side protruding fins on the roof.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I understand the RZ can be disappointing, but we must understand it he the BEV equivalent of RX, as the bZ4X is to the RAV4. They should have certain price parity, and the product must be "the same". But that I mean, TMC looks for a natural market development, and avoids skewing the demand in one direction or the other, the for the customer should be made based on drive train alone, it can't be done if one is heads over shoulders better than another in some aspect.

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
This may be controversial, but I personally like the production car more than the concept, at least from this angle. Specifically the more believable wheels, the toned down front wheel arch, and the body colored roof, vs the painted black roof.

Reactions
I honestly don't mind it. I think the production car emulates the concept perfectly. In fact, I quite like it.

My dings against the production car is that I think the rear could have been more "emotionally" styled, and I think the wheel arches may make it look a bit too pedestrian.

I think if the RZ was in a similar lighting like the LFZ concept then it'd be much prettier and it could look stunning in a pearlescent white too.

I personally really dislike the RX, but if this promises to be a proper RWD based crossover with the Direct4 AWD system, I'd want one. The styling in which it looks raked back gives it beautiful RWD SUV proportions (albeit there's a bit too much of the front overhang).

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I think we all missed this tiny detail from the press release photos.

Front tire size: 235/50R20 (You will see this more clearly in one of the Dec 14 press event photos)
F.png
Rear tire size: 255/45R20
R.png
It is a staggered setup. RWD-bias confirmed?

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Looks good, but IMO, the wheel arches & side skirts should have been painted as well.

1643900052123.png