Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
What is there to leak? The exterior and interior has already been revealed

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I guess the big thing will be range, charging, interior inside and out, and ADAS systems to help diff itself from the BZ4x.

Are the headlights on this a cross between standard LED and T beam?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I get that, but consumers have spoken, and the aftermarket iPad look is considered more modern and high-tech than proper integration. I blame Tesla. (Also, I don't think it's *that* bad on the 2021+ LS).

The RZ is by far the best Lexus' touchscreen design to date that actually evolves around the dash nicely, whereas previous Lexus vehicles looked super tacked on with gigantic bezels. It really shows when companies put heart and soul into designs where both technologies and style are maintained.

b-P16_0381_a4_rgb.jpg
0x0-ModelS_18.jpg

Nice job Tesla XD.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
I get that, but consumers have spoken, and the aftermarket iPad look is considered more modern and high-tech than proper integration. I blame Tesla. (Also, I don't think it's *that* bad on the 2021+ LS).

In reality, the "iPad" like infotainment system affixed to the dashboard are despised & ridiculed by a vast majority of car owners, buyers & enthusiasts.

Regrettably, the continuous fad of chintzy, on dash infotainment systems in vehicles today are directly due to cost cutting/saving measures by automobile manufacturers.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The car industry is changing.

Players are focusing less blindly on volume and market share, more on margins, capital efficiencies and fewer models in the lineup.

Car makers are going to begin catering to audiences more specifically.

I think going forward, now that people are heavily indebted and cheap cash is starting to dry up, you will see private vehicle ownership as a luxury even more so than now.

The cheap options will still be there, but they’re going to be basic. Everything else vying for attention, I feel is going upmarket.

New Cars are going to be less affordable going forward, especially alongside everything else getting pricier too.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The car industry is changing.

Players are focusing less blindly on volume and market share, more on margins, capital efficiencies and fewer models in the lineup.

Car makers are going to begin catering to audiences more specifically.

I think going forward, now that people are heavily indebted and cheap cash is starting to dry up, you will see private vehicle ownership as a luxury even more so than now.

The cheap options will still be there, but they’re going to be basic. Everything else vying for attention, I feel is going upmarket.

New Cars are going to be less affordable going forward, especially alongside everything else getting pricier too.

I think you're right and unfortunately this aligns with "the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer."

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
iPads on dash is no longer fashionable. The new trend is ultralong single piece dashboard that allows elegant design back into car interiors. That's why RZ design already looks outdated.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Teammate will only ever be L3 max. Their L4 is called Chauffeur and Teammate cannot be OTA upgraded to Chauffeur because of hardware limits.

sure, and it wont be soon either.

Right now in Noah, Teammate works between 0-40 kmh. Practically useless.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
iPads on dashboard provides navigation/viewing at the driver's line of sight.

Anything that is well integrated into the dashboard, people will have to take their eyes a few seconds off the road.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Depends where you live. Sounds like it's designed for stop and go traffic.

It seems like L3 at low speed for stop and go traffic is going to be the first commercial plateau for that level of autonomy. Or at least is being targeted as such.

I think MB is offering a similar system.
Under 60kph.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
iPads on dash is no longer fashionable. The new trend is ultralong single piece dashboard that allows elegant design back into car interiors. That's why RZ design already looks outdated.
2023-kia-telluride-teaser.webp

Seems like some mfgs like Kia and their upcoming telluride got the wrong memo, GIANT TABLETS to the MOON!

Levi

Expert
Reactions
iPads on dashboard provides navigation/viewing at the driver's line of sight.

Anything that is well integrated into the dashboard, people will have to take their eyes a few seconds off the road.
navigation must be out of driver's line of sight, driver must see the road, not a display blocking to view of road.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
sure, and it wont be soon either.

Right now in Noah, Teammate works between 0-40 kmh. Practically useless.
I beg to differ. If this can get me out of rush hour commute in a busy urban city where lanes and keeping distance between cars is optional its worthwhile.

I do have to question, why the long highway drives were not an easy addon since I know @CRSKTN mentioned LSS 3 is much improved.

Last edited:

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
navigation must be out of driver's line of sight, driver must see the road, not a display blocking to view of road.
A decent HUD can do much of the navigation without the line of sight issues. Problem at least in the past for Lexus was they never really offered it in great volume. Special order which at least pre-C19 was royal PITA with dealers.

I assume the RZ will have a decent HUD coupled with the cluster and yolk mods that their new evs are coming with.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

This?

20C0714_063.jpg

Keep in mind RZ is slotting around mid-tier lvl so don't go too high expectation thinking it's going have a spaceship interior XD

Benito

Fan
Reactions
My opinion means nothing, but the "starship enterprise dash" MB EVs embodies the saying too much a good thing.

Feels cold, and sterile more so then a tesla/ikea-inspired design
I have to say that I agree with you, too much of a good thing.