Rydo

Follower
Reactions
But due to the technical limitations and the superb comfort as main USP it is very unfortunate that this heavy body panel design should be paired with 17" wheels.

I looked at the vehicle for all of about 10 seconds before spotting the hilariously small wheels! They do not match the scale of the other design elements and it is a total letdown. We can only hope that a more arch-filling OEM design might be offered...it is a real shame!

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
What is wrong with LX? If anything, LC is an embarrassment at those prices, while LX is done right.

Who mentioned a thing about the LC? The LC has won Eyes on Design award among dozens of others. The European motoring media, notoriously bias, have sat up and taken notice of the LC and just how concept-to-reality it is.

The LX is a Land Cruiser with some different bits bolted to it.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Sorry to spam with replies, I couldn't work out a multi-reply system.

So just to come back and give my opinion now that the LM is reality.

I am very impressed by what I see! I have never liked the current gen-Alphard, and the render didn't seem flattering. The actual vehicle, besides the small wheels, looks like I would expect.

The rear light cluster is far nicer than that of the Alphard, and the even worse Vellfire. That night shot from the promo-video that was shared earlier in the thread looks great!

The front end looks fantastic - the grill is crazy but concept-car 'i wish they would build that' crazy - like the LF-FC that I still feel sad over not getting a proper production version of.

The massive disappointment, mentioned earlier, is the steering wheel doesn't appear to be that special! They should have went with the LS, UX wheel, but it looks like a dated parts bin job.

I am praying that the cruise buttons are at least on the wheels - criminal Lexus still have cars with the ugly little black stalk out of reach

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
We have heard rumors of "600+hp V8" as far back as 2013. Now we are coming into 2020 model year with no proof and I am simply losing faith.

While it has become hard to understand Lexus' focus, I think it is safe to say that performance is not near the top of the list. With falling sales of passenger cars and even worse sales of LC and LS, I will not be surprised if Lexus kills the LC F and/or LS F projects before they are born. Both must be hard to justify.

Back to my point: I do not think a $225k - $250k, China-only minivan is helping to pay for fun project cars. Lexus has had plenty of money for that all along and we can easily see where their priorities are... or aren't.

Didnt that give us RC-F and LC itself?

And yeah, pretty sure LC-F will be shown this year, whatever the hp number is, there were hints lately in talks with various Lexus execs worldwide.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Who mentioned a thing about the LC? The LC has won Eyes on Design award among dozens of others. The European motoring media, notoriously bias, have sat up and taken notice of the LC and just how concept-to-reality it is.

The LX is a Land Cruiser with some different bits bolted to it.

LC in this conversation is Land Cruiser :)

LX is ultimate version of Land Cruiser... did you ever spend some time in LX and LC? LX is just a lot better done LC, there is nothing not to like there.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Wow, apparently also available as a 7-seater. Really ?
Will probably not be included in the "Lexus Design Award 2019" catalog.
Anyway, in Europe we won't be bothered too much by it.
On to the next...

I'm sure some might want it to come to Europe and that they should lobby Lexus to bring it to Europe especially the LM 300h.

Lexus please bring the LM to the U.S. especially to California. I would prefer the LM 350 since it has more power than the LM 300h.

I could see my buddy driving me to Las Vegas and I would sit in that comfy reclining chair nice and relaxed. Get to the hotel, check in, have dinner and watch a show then go party like it's 1999. Then the next day my buddy would drive me back to Los Angeles county while I sleep in that comfy reclined seat.

As for the LM 300h, it could used as an Uber Lux, Uber Black or Uber XL as it won't use up a ton of gas. I'm sure business travelers, celebs (Leonardo Di Caprio), etc would use it for trips to and from the airport, awards shows, concerts, etc...

mikeavelli

Reactions
There is an established market in China and Asia that will spend big bucks on a van. FYI in the USA a loaded Sienna can hit 50k+. So we are talking about a 70k van plus here in the USA.

Our market is different. People that buy vans here drive them, they don't have a driver. As much as I think its kind of cool, I just don't see many buyers for it here in the states. It would be some used unicorn when the prices come down and probably discontinued.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
There is an established market in China and Asia that will spend big bucks on a van. FYI in the USA a loaded Sienna can hit 50k+. So we are talking about a 70k van plus here in the USA.

Our market is different. People that buy vans here drive them, they don't have a driver. As much as I think its kind of cool, I just don't see many buyers for it here in the states. It would be some used unicorn when the prices come down and probably discontinued.

There is also a decently healthy market for van conversions into vehicles like this. They're viewed by some as a more inconspicuous way to travel in excessive luxury. Having a reliable, high quality version from Lexus is going to do well with those customers.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Didnt that give us RC-F and LC itself?

And yeah, pretty sure LC-F will be shown this year, whatever the hp number is, there were hints lately in talks with various Lexus execs worldwide.
They would have somekind of HP boost right? I mean sub 500 would be just LC F-sport.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Alphard in China sticker price starts at almost $120000 and you need to pay at least $40000 extra to get the car because there are too many people waiting for it. The rich people still want something more luxurious and comfortable. This car is gonna sell like crazy and I can't imagine how much more money people would like to pay in addition to its original price.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Yes. Most of the cost of owning this vehicle in the U.S. will be hiring the chauffeur...although I don't really know whether rich executives drive themselves or let others do the driving.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
19-04-15-lexus-lm-interior-birdseye.jpg

CAD0C6BA-9DB4-4420-BCC6-7B7D80039D2D.jpeg

Last edited:

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Yes. Most of the cost of owning this vehicle in the U.S. will be hiring the chauffeur...although I don't really know whether rich executives drive themselves or let others do the driving.

For the US, Company pays for those expenses for big time executives and celebrities and what not. These expenses can usually be written off.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
What a shame it’s the garbage cruise control stick. The wheel is such a disappointment.

Did they announce any figures for the engines in terms of power output?

Also, when will we find out the other Asian markets?

I’m praying there will be a RHD market on there.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
The 7-seat layout according to Top Gear Philippines.

Image credit was Lexus, not sure if one of the press releases shows it or they’ve just put up an Alphard interior

Attachments

• E42BA8D4-CFB8-4971-B427-BAF71A3BFE7C.jpeg
    E42BA8D4-CFB8-4971-B427-BAF71A3BFE7C.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 21

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I wouldn't be surprised if Lexus viewed this as a good case study for designing this type of automotive environment, given the recent updates on their self driving efforts (they're serious about this stuff). Electric platforms have a lot of potential for miniaturization of hardware, increasing interior space. It's obviously way too early for this to be anything but highly speculative, but imagine a future long wheelbase LS on an electrified platform, with an interior of this type. Or an electrified Toyota Century.