The Ides of March; Fortelling the future of the auto industry and OEMs [Coming Soon 11/24]

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
The EV auto space has grown from its persona back in the early 2000s as a niche market. While market space is still dwarfed by ICE vehicles, its rise in popularity is evident in online communities by both owners and "admirers" who believe that this is the next best thing since sliced bread. The next step in its rise has been a shift in political agenda overnight to align from EVs are still not ready for primetime to we must save the future so ban ICEV. As admiration from the common public and political leaders has been on the rise, a lot of online personalities have sprouted in the social space. Most seem like another online community opinion converted and edited into video with snappy transitions and selective data presentations, but there are some industry folks who seemed to have recognized and utilized this opportunity to market themselves and their company. One such folk is Lean Designs and Sandy Munro.

Sandy seems to optically reverberate with admirers and critics alike. Sandy came into the public space with various teardowns of the initial EV wave in the form of i3s, tesla models. His opinion in those teardowns are what the common viewship likes to hear since rarely due mfg pressers go into such details. A common observation has been that the rougher and rawer the opinion the more honest it feels like to the end viewer and he has stayed with this. His opinion also has changed to reflect improvements in vehicle development processes. He has met with Elon Musk and shared his views about the biggest setbacks in vehicle development such as MBAs and design teams not communicating from the start. He recently called out NHTSA and governmental overreach in auto industry development/tesla autopilot. His most recent and purpose of this thread is an upcoming video that entails forecasting which OEMs will exist, shrink, and became ancient history.

Will Post more when it comes out!

Last edited:

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The biggest problem I see with 'EV admirers' is the narrow mindedness that assumes the world is a uniform place where one and only solution could meet the transportation, energy and security needs of all 8 billion people on the planet.

A more minor problem is their self-proclaiming as 'environmentalists'. Real environmentalists are not pro-EV at all: they want a no-car society where most of the transportation needs is done by rail. To them EVs are not only a unnecessary drain on the limited power generation capacity but also a huge source of 'carbon deposit' (CO2 emitted during manufacturing).

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
The biggest problem I see with 'EV admirers' is the narrow mindedness that assumes the world is a uniform place where one and only solution could meet the transportation, energy and security needs of all 8 billion people on the planet.
True. Sandy is unwatchable in most current forms. I prefer the content by his staff to be honest, it's slightly less bias. Guess what Sandy personally drives? A Tesla? No chance. He's driven Jeep Wranglers for years and said a little while back he is interested in the PHEV version. Oh wait, one of Elon's biggest fanboys doesn't even buy their products? Hmmm he had no problem selling over-priced bumper stickers to suckers to raise $150K to buy a Tesla Plaid. LOL marketing master class right there folks...

I wish society overall could come to the realization that overpopulation is the biggest threat to the planet as we know it, it's not gasoline cars that are solely killing the planet. Stop having so many babies. Hmm maybe too personal.

Reactions
True. Sandy is unwatchable in most current forms. I prefer the content by his staff to be honest, it's slightly less bias. Guess what Sandy personally drives? A Tesla? No chance. He's driven Jeep Wranglers for years and said a little while back he is interested in the PHEV version. Oh wait, one of Elon's biggest fanboys doesn't even buy their products? Hmmm he had no problem selling over-priced bumper stickers to suckers to raise $150K to buy a Tesla Plaid. LOL marketing master class right there folks...

I wish society overall could come to the realization that overpopulation is the biggest threat to the planet as we know it, it's not gasoline cars that are solely killing the planet. Stop having so many babies. Hmm maybe too personal.
Sandy?!

LateToLexus

Follower
Reactions

Not the problem. Sorry. But back to cars.....