Tesla Dominating Luxury Sales in USA

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Tesla panel gaps seem to be a thing of the past. I dont know what else could be going wrong, but the panelgate thing was probably one of the most vocal issues the community had.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
They're getting better, but depreciation on them has been brutal and is still getting worse. So lease if you want one 😆

And as always, don't enable Autopilot if there's a fire truck in the area.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
The company's sales model is quite lean and transparent, but even with such, the biggest depreciation seems to be coming from Teslas constant revisions of pricing. They dont really follow the MY strategy, as folks on their own forums seems to be hurting from buying vehicles that are loosing "value" withing months of purchase. If resale value is a concern, leasing is appropriate.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
I wasn't sure where to put this because there's no dedicated Model S thread...

We lapped Laguna Seca in 1:36.555 during advanced R&D testing of our Model S Plaid powertrain and chassis prototype — a second faster than the record for a four-door sedan.

Will1991

Reactions
I wouldn’t call a Model S a slow car... But a bit more performance never hurt anybody :D
Also, it seems Tesla is starting to fill some pressure from the competition, which is always good for us the costumers.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I wouldn’t call a Model S a slow car... But a bit more performance never hurt anybody :D
Also, it seems Tesla is starting to fill some pressure from the competition, which is always good for us the costumers.

There is a widebody being shown at the Ring and now Nico Rosberg has posted he wants to drive it there. Rumors are it will have 3 Motors!

Reactions
There is a widebody being shown at the Ring and now Nico Rosberg has posted he wants to drive it there. Rumors are it will have 3 Motors!

I was screaming on the inside when Nico and Elon spoke to each other on Twitter. If you can tell how much of a fan I am of F1 and Nico Rosberg, just take a glance at my profile photo. <3 LETSSS GOOOOOO 2016 F1 WORLD CHAMPION YEAHHHH.

DO IT GUYS. DO ITTT!!

Will1991

Reactions

Widened track, carbon brakes... They're trying it's for sure!

I was screaming on the inside when Nico and Elon spoke to each other on Twitter. If you can tell how much of a fan I am of F1 and Nico Rosberg, just take a glance at my profile photo. <3 LETSSS GOOOOOO 2016 F1 WORLD CHAMPION YEAHHHH.

DO IT GUYS. DO ITTT!!

Nico really knows how to surprise everyone :p

Will1991

Reactions
Or Tesla have the real ‘geek’ buyer, only wants the very last thing to come out, similar to early iPhone users.

Reactions
Reactions
It's fascinating that people are giving up the Model S for the Model 3 at a large enough rate that it registers in the top 10. Tesla has their own version of the ES cannibalizing the GS I guess.
The Model S is the oldest Tesla in the lineup now, and obviously the M3 is the affordable Tesla that is available to more of the masses that wanted one.

Will1991

Reactions
Portuguese market it's a bit strange next to US's one, since our cars are very pricy due to taxation so starting price vs. minimum wage tend to be a huge number (You need around 87 minimum wages to get a SR+), but somehow Mercedes and BMW are always TOP 10 sellers!

This being said, Tesla already sold 1.621 units (we're a small market, 10 million people, 220.000 units JAN-SET), that's more than Skoda (1407), Honda (1241), Jaguar (730), Porsche (619), Lexus (449).

In my opinion Tesla is really getting a lot of BMW owners, they're selling less 3.8% and on Tesla Owners Club Portugal you can see a lot of ex-BMW drivers.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The Model S is the oldest Tesla in the lineup now, and obviously the M3 is the affordable Tesla that is available to more of the masses that wanted one.

Right, but if you can already afford an S it still seems weird to trade it in for a 3. It certainly makes sense if people were over-extending themselves to buy an S, but I don't get the impression that was a common thing.