Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Will1991

Reactions
I was expecting a bit more to be honest, if you remove the 7.500USD from the FSD software that’s being sold for years with so many delays, it ends up being quite average IMO.

Considering also the latest price cuts it’s below average.

When you compare it with TMC it’s even worse because a big portion of TMC comes from cars that are so much cheaper than a base TM3 (All of those Yaris, Aygo’s, emerging market Raize, etc…).

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I was expecting a bit more to be honest, if you remove the 7.500USD from the FSD software that’s being sold for years with so many delays, it ends up being quite average IMO.

When you compare it with TMC it’s even worse because a big portion of TMC comes from cars that are so much cheaper than a base TM3 (All of those Yaris, Aygo’s, emerging market Raize, etc…).
The take rate of FSD is very low (hence offered on subscription basis), so it's not yet a big deal from a margin standpoint.
Yes, to grow Tesla at a high rate (like way higher than industry average), margins will likely be average.

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Tesla can slash prices, so so can China, and I read in response to what Tesla did, Chinese makers did the same. If "China's" goal is to take over the car market as they took over the smartphone market (Android), they'll do the same regardless of initial financial losses.