Tesla - Brand Perception/Opinions

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
The text non-paywall
This seems to have been written by a Tesla apologist. Tesla is a luxury brand merely because of its technology (and price)?

This is where I disagree with the automag writers who equate technology with the size and flash of the central infotainment screen. Is the under-the-surface technology no longer considered to be "tech"? I would consider Tesla's battery hardware and battery management system (including software) to be tech worthy to be considered to be truly innovative; but what other innovative technology does Tesla offer on its cars?

In the past, examples of truly innovative technology included airbags; fuel injection; and electronic stability program (ESP), the electronic nannies that included ABS, traction control and stability control. I remember that Mercedes-Benz, a long recognized luxury brand, was one of the first automakers to offer all of these technologies. (And now Mercedes-Benz offers those flashy infotainment screens also!)

In fact, luxury auto brands have long been known for all of these qualities: comfort and quality; brand recognition, exclusivity and cachet; and innovative state-of-the-art technology. Can Tesla offer all of that?

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Some were funny.

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
onion.com = fake news organization/mediocre humor, Midwestern-style.

But the time-wasting Twitter show, now there's a sure way to drag down TESLA-Brand Perception/Opinions.