Some comments of my new IS300H MY 2017

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
First of all, apologize in advance for my bad English.

It's a week that I drive the new IS300H MY 2017.

It is not my first Lexus, as many Italians I had the myth of German cars, but had also so many problems with them, some of them, too much for me.
So I started in 2004 with the IS200 Sportcross, and it was a complete reset of my idea of how must be a car: I found something special, never a single problem, amazing customer service, great experience.

Then I change it with an Is250 when it was available: the new design was amazing and I decide to go for the new model in 2007.
Then the hybrid was available even on the IS and in 2013 I go for the H version.

Last week I had the pleasure to had delivered the MY2017 ordered in February and for the first time I try a small review.

First of all: you can feel the improvement.
Unfortunately my English is not so sharp to express all the technical words that I would say.

First improvement is the new interiors: abolsutely more ergonomic, more beautiful to see, more quality all over: I read some review on the web, they said the new interiors are not noticeable, but I don't agree.

Second: the new suspensions, I really feel the car more rigid and stable, there's more pleasure to drive the car now, better than the previous, I am pretty sure this feeling is more delivered to expert drives, I am not a pilot, just a normal user.

Third: engine. I read there was not improvement, but I am sure there's something they made, because it is more brilliant and reactive, another aspect I noted: the hybrid sinergy is more active, as I see the car run more km in hybrid mode than earlier, even at 80 km of speed the EV mode activate often, earlier it was at 70 km.

Bad side:

1) the Multimedia system for me it's too tricky and obosolete.

I had the premium version with Mark Levison, nothing to said about ML, it is probably the best sound I ever herad, but the setting and configuration of the multimedia system for internet services is redundant, complicate and too trycky.
The new 10.3 screen is great and they probaly add some pixel to the resolution, event it look the go for a more "glossy" panel that imporve the visibility, but the graphic is very old, the same of my IS200 sportcross: I think it's realy time they change, I see system on small and cheaper cars absolutely better.
I am so sorry to say that, but for me this is athe most weak point of Lexus company ever.

Another big problem that I try to describe here, hoping some of you can have some suggestion is my problem to connect to the online services:

It was not possible to use the connected services available in EU (we don't have enform platform) with a new url, located inside the offical Lexus website (previously they was avaliable trough www.my.lexus.eu and they work well with my iphone 6 and IS300H MY2013) for some reason I don't understand.

Now, even if the car is correctly connected to the iPhone, there's no way to login to the services.

I wrote to Lexus and they contact me within 24 hrs, so very fast and we had a several trials, none of them was allowing me to login to their "connected services" or allow to login to my.lexus account, here some of the trial:

- cancel my previous my.lexus account I had with the IS300H MY2013, create a new one: register car and the multimedia system again;

- try to login with the new ID and also with email address as they suggest, because they said that sometimes the ID does not work (?) I see only the email work well via browser or iOs via Safari, the OD is not recognized: so, via web I can login and manage my account but the ID they create is totally unuseful, by the way also this does not work, because the car cannot login;

- try to reset the Bluetooth pairing and reconnect the phone several times: no work at all, the car connect very smooth to the iPhone 6 hotspot (blue bar and 1 connection visible on top of the iPhone screen), but login to connected services is not possible;

- try to soft reset iPhone and upgrade the latest iOs (10.3.2) then reconnet: not work, the login is not possible;

So we try to connect to my house wi-fi and see if the login was possible using ADSL instead a 3G connection.

Unfortunately the car would not connect to the router: I have try tenth time to write the password, and I am sure it is correct, but the car always said: password error.

Same password used with the Macbook of my friend allow immediate connection with my router.

Important to mention: no ID error messages appear on the screen, so the Lexus technician has not any possible detail to check, they ask me to make picture of the process, step by step, and a video... and I sent to them.

They said they would come back to me after some investigation.

I would try new test now:

1) trying connetct the office router to the wifi of the IS;

2) trying another iPhone;

3) going to the dealer next week and trying to connect their wifi and hope some employees had a my.lexus account to check with my system

After all the new test, that honestly I think wilI be the last possible, I can only imagine my IS was delivered with a defective multi media system.

Any idea or suggestion will be useful, especially if someone had the same problems.

----> please could someone In EU or Italy tell me which is the url he use to connect to login the "connected services"? I thought there some problem because they had online even the old portal, that now it's s still active, while they try bring the customer on a new portal: I really thing that have two different portals and different url's can create big problem of login if the car trying to connect a bad url.

I hope in some opinion and thought from the members.

Thanks in advance, for your reading.

EDIT: the Siri function (press three second the phone button on the wheels steer to have a prompt on Siri) is not more available, or, eventually you had it, it's another problem of my multimedia system.

Last edited:

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
About the multimedia system and the login access I have some news.

This morning, I was able to connect the car system to the office wi-fi router and the car connected easily.

So, with a more stable connection I was able to try an alternative test to login, avoiding the iPhone.

Anyway, the login to the portal was not possible even with wi-fi.

This is the last test I think I can do.Having seen that the access to the internet si possible, my idea is that the customer portal, for some reason have problems, for sure, it will be interesting to know how many user of this forum can connect easily and their experience.

Reactions
About the multimedia system and the login access I have some news.

This morning, I was able to connect the car system to the office wi-fi router and the car connected easily.

So, with a more stable connection I was able to try an alternative test to login, avoiding the iPhone.

Anyway, the login to the portal was not possible even with wi-fi.

This is the last test I think I can do.Having seen that the access to the internet si possible, my idea is that the customer portal, for some reason have problems, for sure, it will be interesting to know how many user of this forum can connect easily and their experience.

Did you finally succeed in connecting your car to Lexus Connected Services? I'm having the same problem. I get 'Portal login not possible' message every time I try to connect.

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
Hi,

Unfortunately no news, nothing is changed.

The dealer does not call me, Lexus customer care ignore me.

So I have send a formale letter, Signed For with a deadline of 15 days to give me a formal reply to my many emails and phone calls.

The day after the letter, for the first time Lexus customer care send me an email:

"Mr Cris, we have received your letter, a case number XXXXXXX was open"

Nothing from the dealer.

Next step, my lawyer will take care of this issue, because I am very busy with my work and cannot spend so much time for an issue that probably, if they want, can be solved in few minutes.

I keep you informed, please keep me update too...

Thanks

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hi,

Unfortunately no news, nothing is changed.

The dealer does not call me, Lexus customer care ignore me.

So I have send a formale letter, Signed For with a deadline of 15 days to give me a formal reply to my many emails and phone calls.

The day after the letter, for the first time Lexus customer care send me an email:

"Mr Cris, we have received your letter, a case number XXXXXXX was open"

Nothing from the dealer.

Next step, my lawyer will take care of this issue, because I am very busy with my work and cannot spend so much time for an issue that probably, if they want, can be solved in few minutes.

I keep you informed, please keep me update too...

Thanks

Hi, you are in Italy?

Did you finally succeed in connecting your car to Lexus Connected Services? I'm having the same problem. I get 'Portal login not possible' message every time I try to connect.

What country are you in?

CrisB

Fan
Reactions
After the letter of formal notice, the dealer call me, asking to go there to make some trials.

From the delivery of the car, more than on month ago, this is the first real formal act from Lexus,

I keep you informed.

Thanks