So I Made It A December to Truly Remember

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have a lot to say.. but cliffs are, last Wednesday I picked up one of my dream cars, a new LC 500 from my trusted dealer Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. Three days later I baptized her at the Tail of the Dragon and on some mountain runs...

A lot more to come and she won’t look like this for long!

-mike-

DBEA6C68-7C06-44C7-82F5-734FA3615B19.jpegFF9B4A1E-4C13-4CEA-A41A-774B0FBBDF51.jpeg33B51DA0-11A0-43BA-A1AA-DEEF6E13DB63.jpeg89C2766B-F2EE-42D3-95B5-ADA262AC3C2C.jpeg9B31F85D-891C-4953-B9D2-9187003AA8D0.jpeg980981D7-EC3E-43C0-8F20-46547E8F609C.jpeg

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I have a lot to say.. but cliffs are, last Wednesday I picked up one of my dream cars, a new LC 500 from my trusted dealer Hennessy Lexus of Gwinnett. Three days later I baptized her at the Tail of the Dragon and on some mountain runs...

-mike-

View attachment 3677View attachment 3678View attachment 3680View attachment 3681View attachment 3682View attachment 3683
Mike!
No smile with the new car? Congrats!! She’s a beauty!

Will1991

Reactions
Excellent taste, an LC is authentic art on wheels, congratulations!

It’s kind of funny your choice, since now you’ve the tallest/bigger and the sportiest Lexus available : D

Really looking forward for what’s coming.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
This is my attainable dream car! I've watched some videos of Topher driving the LC500 and I immediately fell in love with that V8 acceleration and sound, not to mention the interior quality. Congrats on the new car!

mikeavelli

Reactions
This is my attainable dream car! I've watched some videos of Topher driving the LC500 and I immediately fell in love with that V8 acceleration and sound, not to mention the interior quality. Congrats on the new car!

That is the perfect line. I feel it is an attainable dream car and after nearly a month I'm in love with it every time I see it or drive it. It feels and looks more expensive than it is. This car is still completely stock and people constantly wave at me in traffic or are asking questions about it. Just today I had a friend with me to lunch a a nice man in a Ford Escape waves and my friend is like "wow does that happen often"?

Yes it does.

I will try my best to showcase this vehicle so more can learn about the greatness of it. Usually we take my LX to the park but we took the LC last time. As we are parking I hear a couple next to meet in a vogue try to figure out what the car is. They mention Ferrari and Lamborghini.....As I walk away the dad walks to the back and says "wow no way its a Lexus"...... Still an uphill battle for the brand.

GNS

Follower
Reactions
As we are parking I hear a couple next to meet in a vogue try to figure out what the car is. They mention Ferrari and Lamborghini.....As I walk away the dad walks to the back and says "wow no way its a Lexus"...... Still an uphill battle for the brand.

But the LC still accomplished its brand mission - getting people to do double takes at the L badge on the front or back. My dad saw an LC500 for the first time last year cruising the street and he remembered it enough to describe it to me, and the reaction was much the same as above when I told him it was a Lexus.

Even the price was a shocker to him. He guessed $200k or more. It's $103k CAD and turns heads while an equivalent BMW simply does not grab as much attention because they're just slight variations on the same body shape and kidney grille (though the newer BMWs have jumped the shark with the massive pig snout grilles).

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I saw one yesterday and damn the looks are so nice. If this was an Aston or something similar I think people would buy it in droves but since it’s a “Lexus” it doesn’t get the credit it deserves. Beautiful car get us the LCF and continue this line!

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions

-mike-

View attachment 3677View attachment 3678View attachment 3680View attachment 3681View attachment 3682View attachment 3683

I am late to the congrats. But the LC500 is like "next" level Lexus....a whole different category

What made you choose the white exterior?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Shame on me. I haven't made one youtube video yet or really kept you all updated here.

Even with COVID-19 dominating our lives, I've been wearing a mask and taking the LC to car events multiple times a week here in Atlanta. For one I just love to drive it and hear it. People love to see it. I still get the comment "I've never seen one before" 3 years after the car debuted. Rare indeed.

Not one problem to report. The car feels better built that my LS 460 F-Sport. People scoff at the 100k price tag but when you drive cars twice the price you realize how good the LC is inside. You really have to jump to Bentley etc levels to trump the interior quality.

As for for the drive even with my modifications it still drives like a proper Lexus. Credit the RS-R Active-i Coil-overs (a first, they are going to be sold soon) which works with the AVS. The first coilover to do so. It still rides nice and supple but sportier than stock. Also credit the huge wheel wells which allow a 35 series front and 30 series rear tire. (I run 255/35/22 and 305/30/22 Pirelli P Zero). It just makes a huge difference compared to a 30/25 series tire. Much more sidewall.

My son loves riding in it. And it being a proper GT, there is ample space for him inside and he is a big 6 year old (fits size 8 clothes). I'm a big guy and never feel cramped.

Negatives thus far? Sometimes Apple carplay acts up but it might also be the cord or phone. I'm not sure. I still with the seat has more adjustments. I'm not crying for more acceleration but I can only imagine if this thing had boost or around 525hp.

I've driven them all, I've owned many and the LC 500 is by far the best Lexus I have owned. It is utterly a masterpiece and a near exotic for non exotic prices. Used ones are now in the 60/70k range and I know people will be shocked to own one at that price. I am at 100k.