So I have some time with the 2021 Toyota GR Supra Premium

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
So, should I buy it? Or should I go for an Alpine A110 or even wait for something new from Lexus? 😀

Reactions
So, should I buy it? Or should I go for an Alpine A110 or even wait for something new from Lexus? 😀

The GR Supra oozes with torque on the bottom end and has a lot of go on the top end. The A110 is way lighter than the GR Supra but it is also considerably less powerful and aggressive.

Test drive both the Alpine and the Toyota. That'd give you the best answer.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Yeah not sure on the Alpine but this is a lovely, tidy sports car. Immediate power, great handling and again feels premium.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The GR Supra is a daily drivable sportscar. The A110 is the only daily drivable lightweightcar and also the most compact and fuel efficient sportscar for European cities.

Reactions
So, lightweight or not?

How is the Supra compared with the RC F with TWD (experienced the RC)?

I strongly believe that the GR Supra is an order of magnitude better than the RC F in every single considerable aspect when it comes to performance. The only reason why someone would go for an RC F over a GR Supra is because it's more "Toyota" than the GR Supra itself.

Reactions
The RC F also looks better, sounds better... 😎

To each their own. I think the GR Supra's curves and styling is purely representative of Toyota and I love that.

As for sound, you can't compare an inline-six to a V8. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. I've always been a six-cylinder guy. A V8/V10/V12 was always a plus.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I actually have a Track Edition now so I’ll compare soon. The size difference is what is instantly noticeable. Now the RC F feels huge. They drive and apply their power completely different. Both very good.

My SUPRA review below. Honestly I think it’s the perfect daily. Just a blast, roomy, good mpg, drives fantastic, sounds great and is high quality.

RAL

Reactions
I actually have a Track Edition now so I’ll compare soon. The size difference is what is instantly noticeable. Now the RC F feels huge. They drive and apply their power completely different. Both very good.

My SUPRA review below. Honestly I think it’s the perfect daily. Just a blast, roomy, good mpg, drives fantastic, sounds great and is high quality.

This car is amazing! I appreciate the way you express your passion for it and address all the detractors ... candid but kind. You give me a welcome chuckle and put a smile on my face! Thanks Bro

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Looked at both the Supra (6 cyl) and the Alpine a110 and a110s today.

My feeling was more hart for the Alpine, but I can´t get the Supra out of my mind.

What do you think, should I go for the Supra or the a110s? Mind you in europe we don´t get the more powerful Supra 2021 (for environmental rasons).

Jonas

Fan
Reactions

What about the 2020 Supra, that we still will have in europ, not so shockingly?

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Looked at both the Supra (6 cyl) and the Alpine a110 and a110s today.

My feeling was more hart for the Alpine, but I can´t get the Supra out of my mind.

What do you think, should I go for the Supra or the a110s? Mind you in europe we don´t get the more powerful Supra 2021 (for environmental rasons).

in any case, the A110 and the Supra are the best sportscars. add the 718 to that list. everything else are nice luxurious sporty fast cars. can't go wrong with any.

the Alpine should be more fuel efficient and more fun at slow speeds and is more compact in urban areas. but in Europe speed bumps can be tiresome, but that goes for the Supra too.

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
in any case, the A110 and the Supra are the best sportscars. add the 718 to that list. everything else are nice luxurious sporty fast cars. can't go wrong with any.

the Alpine should be more fuel efficient and more fun at slow speeds and is more compact in urban areas. but in Europe speed bumps can be tiresome, but that goes for the Supra too.
Pros and cons set aside. Which one should you shoose on your preferences?

Jonas

Fan
Reactions

Looked at the 718 as well, but I don´t have the heart in for Porsche for a lot of reasons, so it was out. 😀

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Pros and cons set aside. Which one should you shoose on your preferences?
I prefer the Alpine, due to its compactness and lightness, is more fuel efficient for europe, I love the looks and shape. it will not be as luxurious and comfortable as the Supra and objectively the Supra is more car for the price, but the Alpine's proposition is unlike anything out there. positioned between the hardcore Alfa 4C and the almost GT 718, it is hard not choose the Alpine. This is what the Lotus Evora should have been.