Smychavo rambles on cars and a little on ice cream

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Going forward, expect fewer coupes from the big automakers.
I personally like grand touring coupes and ube ice cream.

mikeavelli

Reactions
A 200hp fwd Integra and heavy 355hp crossovers and sedans would be fun around 2005 tops. Not in 2022. Are they remotely aware what the competition offers?

As for ice cream, chocolate chip please.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Oh! I also had mint chip today! Always the best for me, hehe
A 200hp fwd Integra and heavy 355hp crossovers and sedans would be fun around 2005 tops. Not in 2022. Are they remotely aware what the competition offers?

As for ice cream, chocolate chip please.
Don't get me wrong, I'm well aware of what else is out there, I've tried a fair bit up to this point, believe it or not. Nothing else really gave me the same feels as these blasted machines did. I guess that makes me a little weird, but meh, what else is new? 🙂

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Hmm, anyone ever tried artichoke ice cream? It sounds like sacrilege but I've been told it's good lol

Anyways, hey, and Merry Christmas! Been another hot minute. Amidst all the automotive news and tier lists everyone's put out around this time the raging debate in my head over an Alfa Giulia or a TLX-S has reignited.
Figured with the Acura test drives it'd be easy to figure out. Turns out no, I took more time to read some not-as-glowing reviews, and found myself doubtin' the idea. Then I looked back at the Giulia and found a ton to like there. I guess I'm startin' to understand why folks see the former as a nerfed sport sedan, and why the latter is a benchmark car in the segment. But part of me wonders whether that really matters, especially so given my own experience, and finding those impressions didn't align with what I felt behind the wheel. Either way, I've been super indecisive. Not quite a pleasant feeling. 😅
Even if it's freakin' cold this season, I could certainly use some chocolate ice cream to alleviate these feelings lol

Addenum - Didn't get the ice cream, but I settled my feelings since then lol. Of all times to suddenly care about metrics I dunno why it should matter now! So consider this little matter resolved and disregard this silly post 🙂

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I find it interesting you want a vehicle as poorly engineered as the Type S. Outside of good looks doesn’t really offer anything.
1. Slowest in class
2. Heaviest in class
3. Worst MPG in class
4. Largest exterior yet smallest interior
5. Ridiculous infotainment
6. Acura reliability is terrible at this point.
7. Brembo brakes that brake average
8. No JDM Support. Not sold in Japan.

I would take the Alfa all day over it.

C9DB1916-445C-4166-A885-3FA0E857E8F2.png

Reactions
I find it interesting you want a vehicle as poorly engineered as the Type S. Outside of good looks doesn’t really offer anything.
1. Slowest in class
2. Heaviest in class
3. Worst MPG in class

View attachment 6568

Did someone pay you to relentlessly sh*t on Acura? Gosh dang dude......

mikeavelli

Reactions
Did someone pay you to relentlessly sh*t on Acura? Gosh dang dude......

Does sowmone pay you to save them? Argue the merits of the argument and not the person. We not gonna dance this dance anymore.

In this case, the tlx doesn’t give you much of an argument 🤣

Reactions
Does sowmone pay you to save them? Argue the merits of the argument and not the person. We not gonna dance this dance anymore.

In this case, the tlx doesn’t give you much of an argument 🤣

Not at all, but I haven't seen someone constantly rail against a car so much. You've done it like a dozen times since the car came out.

Normally you'd make a few comments and be on your merry way but you're obviously fixated on this and I'm not sure why. Sure, the TLX Type-S is mediocre at best, and that's me being generous, but there's nothing much to it other than that. To me this just drags down the quality of the discussion in this forum.

You do you, but it gets old.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
1. Slowest in class
2. Heaviest in class
3. Worst MPG in class

View attachment 6568

Not at all, but I haven't seen someone constantly rail against a car so much. You've done it like a dozen times since the car came out.

Normally you'd make a few comments and be on your merry way but you're obviously fixated on this and I'm not sure why. Sure, the TLX Type-S is mediocre at best, and that's me being generous, but there's nothing much to it other than that. To me this just drags down the quality of the discussion in this forum.

Oh, hi again fellas. I appreciate ya'll taking the time to read my ramblings. It's been quite entertaining having read as many discussions about automotive merit come up all the same. I see it much the same here. Always some comparison test to conduct, a spreadsheet to draft. As much fun as it has been reading them, I found it pertinent to distance myself from that mentality when I ultimately decided to go out and test much of these vehicles I've been interested in for myself. As silly of a copout as it is, I found much more to enjoy, and my impressions more profound. It surprised me more than anything how much I enjoyed the lineup most tout as mediocre at best, moreso than what others found as brilliant by comparison.
As much as I enjoy diving into specifics, it is not my intention to convince anyone or claim that Acura is the best. They're not. With all that's been said, I found a sense of content with my little journey through the automotive world. There's alot more to see, but I'm happy having found stuff I love. As compromised as it is, I'm happy. Maybe someday can accommodate for a cool Lexus as I can for an Acura. I'm sure I will. I feel much the same adoration for LC, RC F, and LFA as I did TLX, Integra, and NSX. They're not the best either in their own regards. But I'd be happy all the same. Maybe that's just the thing car enthusiasm is about. Finding flavors.
Thanks for the fun conversations. I hope to keep them going. It's cold out, maybe not a good time for ice cream. But either way, treat yourselves to something nice. Smile.

Reactions
Oh, hi again fellas. I appreciate ya'll taking the time to read my ramblings. It's been quite entertaining having read as many discussions about automotive merit come up all the same. I see it much the same here. Always some comparison test to conduct, a spreadsheet to draft. As much fun as it has been reading them, I found it pertinent to distance myself from that mentality when I ultimately decided to go out and test much of these vehicles I've been interested in for myself. As silly of a copout as it is, I found much more to enjoy, and my impressions more profound. It surprised me more than anything how much I enjoyed the lineup most tout as mediocre at best, moreso than what others found as brilliant by comparison.
As much as I enjoy diving into specifics, it is not my intention to convince anyone or claim that Acura is the best. They're not. With all that's been said, I found a sense of content with my little journey through the automotive world. There's alot more to see, but I'm happy having found stuff I love. As compromised as it is, I'm happy. Maybe someday can accommodate for a cool Lexus as I can for an Acura. I'm sure I will. I feel much the same adoration for LC, RC F, and LFA as I did TLX, Integra, and NSX. They're not the best either in their own regards. But I'd be happy all the same. Maybe that's just the thing car enthusiasm is about. Finding flavors.
Thanks for the fun conversations. I hope to keep them going. It's cold out, maybe not a good time for ice cream. But either way, treat yourselves to something nice. Smile.

Amen.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I'm with Mike on the TLX-S.. it is such a convoluted car and the amazing marketing team makes the final product feel worse.

Och

Admirer
Reactions

Because Acura used to build cars with cult following, and now they became so disappointing, and they just rub it in with every new model. The new pretegra is an insult to the Integra name, the TL-S used to have most HP in class and now its demoted to an utter mediocrity, the Legend turned into the saddest form of car that's even possible, and the new NSX is a crime against humanity.

Last edited:

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Fair enough, lads :>
I can understand the angle you folk are comin' from. I'm amused how hyperbolic ya'll go about phrasing things and all that.
On a separate note, I actually had some chocolate gelato not long ago so that's tasty

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Well, birthday was a few days ago and while I still got no car, I did sneak in a test drive on a Giulia Veloce!
I get it now, I really do. I want one! Darn thing was just a peach on open roads and the cabin was so well put-together and quiet. Sure that engine isn't exactly powerful but with a chassis like Giorgio it's just, astounding how well it handled everything, even without the adaptive suspension. The inputs, amount of tech and the style, it felt just right. I'm no driving wizard by any stretch, yet the sheer superiority of that car left one heck of an impression on me more so than anything else I've driven so far. Never thought a car could feel that good in the corners.
Apologies for dragging this conversation way past its welcome, despite everything, it really did come down to a test drive to sort out my thoughts and speculations. That, and also solidifying my general affection and soft spot for Italian cars lmao.
So, to conclude, whatever cruddy italian car I can get my hands on, and a nice Lexus to back that up. Perfection heheheheheh

quick addenum
most online reviewers are so full of it lmao
i ate that type-s speil for months only for the giulia to come in and thwack some sense into me lmfao
ah well, ya live an learn

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Happy Birthday! The Giulia is truly an astounding sports sedan. I would lease one though, not buy.

Reactions
Well, birthday was a few days ago and while I still got no car, I did sneak in a test drive on a Giulia Veloce!
I get it now, I really do. I want one! Darn thing was just a peach on open roads and the cabin was so well put-together and quiet. Sure that engine isn't exactly powerful but with a chassis like Giorgio it's just, astounding how well it handled everything, even without the adaptive suspension. The inputs, amount of tech and the style, it felt just right. I'm no driving wizard by any stretch, yet the sheer superiority of that car left one heck of an impression on me more so than anything else I've driven so far. Never thought a car could feel that good in the corners.
Apologies for dragging this conversation way past its welcome, despite everything, it really did come down to a test drive to sort out my thoughts and speculations. That, and also solidifying my general affection and soft spot for Italian cars lmao.
So, to conclude, whatever cruddy italian car I can get my hands on, and a nice Lexus to back that up. Perfection heheheheheh

quick addenum
most online reviewers are so full of it lmao
i ate that type-s speil for months only for the giulia to come in and thwack some sense into me lmfao
ah well, ya live an learn

Happy Birthday my guy. :^) <3

Och

Admirer
Reactions
My wife just came back from Florida, where she rented a TLX. She has no idea whether it was a type S, or A-Spec, or even just base - she just knows it was red (yeah, i know, i know). Either way, she was very impressed with the car, she said it was very comfortable, very nice inside and out, very quick and responsive to inputs. And she is not easily impressed, her daily is a 2021 X6M.

Now she's checking out Acura website and drooling over the NSX, lol. I personally haven't driven any Acuras in over a decade, since I last drove a 2nd gen MDX. I had short rides in my friend's RDX and ILX, and they felt mediocre. I'm not planning on buying a new car, but now I'm kind of curious to checkout the TLX-S.

Reactions
My wife just came back from Florida, where she rented a TLX. She has no idea whether it was a type S, or A-Spec, or even just base - she just knows it was red (yeah, i know, i know). Either way, she was very impressed with the car, she said it was very comfortable, very nice inside and out, very quick and responsive to inputs. And she is not easily impressed, her daily is a 2021 X6M.

Well if that isn't one heck of a difference in cars that she drives then I don't know what is. 🤣🤣

To be fair though, the BMW X# M cars do ride pretty stiff, so the TLX may be a huge step up.