Separate California Forums

Reactions
Hey Krew!

California is quite big, and things in NorCal don't always apply or relate to SoCal. I think there are enough Lexus Owners to support two separate sub forums for California, and I think it would make things more organized if separated. (Especially for meets/news/etc).

Is this something you might consider?

Raj

mikeavelli

Reactions
Hey Raj, it's something we discussed previously but didn't since the forum is new and clearly there isn't enough members yet.

Do you think its best to separate them now? Do you think a south, central, north Cali would be even better?

Thanks for already suggesting improvements!
-mike-

Last edited:
Reactions
Hey Mike,

Yes, its true that there aren't many members just yet, I just wanted to start a discussion on it mostly. I don't think it's needed "ASAP" ... But I do think making it sooner rather than later would save you the hassle of moving a bunch of threads later on :p (Not sure how easy that is...).

As for having 3 sections for Cali, I think it would eventually be good idea as the community there is getting bigger, but at the current time they seem pretty active in the East/South bay (Norcal) so for now I think just two sections would serve the needs of everyone. Central Valley/NorCal is much more integrated than Norcal/Socal is. We go to each others' meets quite often.

And you're welcome!

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hey Mike,

Yes, its true that there aren't many members just yet, I just wanted to start a discussion on it mostly. I don't think it's needed "ASAP" ... But I do think making it sooner rather than later would save you the hassle of moving a bunch of threads later on :p (Not sure how easy that is...).

As for having 3 sections for Cali, I think it would eventually be good idea as the community there is getting bigger, but at the current time they seem pretty active in the East/South bay (Norcal) so for now I think just two sections would serve the needs of everyone. Central Valley/NorCal is much more integrated than Norcal/Socal is. We go to each others' meets quite often.

And you're welcome!

Agree with Mike, thanks for the suggestion!

So, @GiantsFan, do we want to name the forums Northern California and Southern California?

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm open to any refinement that you make regarding northern and southern CA, great idea.