Select 2018 Lexus Vehicles Get Apple CarPlay & Amazon Alexa Upgrade

Reactions
Lexus has released the CarPlay update for select models. Some dealers are doing it for free and others are charging anywhere from $70 to $300.

The files were posted online and people have been installing it themselves. Takes about an hour.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Thanks! Sounds just annoying enough that I think I'll let the dealer take care of it when I'm in for my new 4 free tires on that recall.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Select 2018 Lexus Vehicles Get Apple CarPlay & Amazon Alexa Upgrade

19-05-20-lexus-apple-carplay.jpg

LS, LC, RC & RC F, NX, and ES.
View the original article post

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus has released the CarPlay update for select models. Some dealers are doing it for free and others are charging anywhere from $70 to $300.

The files were posted online and people have been installing it themselves. Takes about an hour.

I would be very reluctant to install the files myself.

Any dealer charging $300 should be ashamed and reported to Lexus Corporate.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Thanks! Sounds just annoying enough that I think I'll let the dealer take care of it when I'm in for my new 4 free tires on that recall.

I'm a techie dude (and I think you are too), but this is something I'd rather just pay $200 for honestly. Too much of a headache.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I'm a techie dude (and I think you are too), but this is something I'd rather just pay $200 for honestly. Too much of a headache.

I am, but since it takes an hour I'm fine with paying the dealer as long as they don't go above $199. I've been bitten in the past many times by devices wanting a flash drive to be just so.

Reactions
Hello all, I installed it on my lexus NX 300 2019. I installed the pionner files and the install went fine, Apple Car play works great with wifes phone on the Lexus NX. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to make Alexa + lexus work when using an android phone. I think the issue is realted to the Lexus app. Lexus was using lexus enform software untill just recently and switched to an adroid app just called lexus. So to use that app it asks for your vin so it knows my car did nto come with alexa. The issue is that I cannot get the alexa app installed onto the apps on my car on screen. It is installed correctly on my android phone but it will not appear on my lexus apps on screen. The upgrade makes this possible to work but I need to get the app on my lexus and can't figure out how. Apple car play works but I really want this to work since I have a new samsung android phone. As a last resort I could go to dealler but they ask $300 up just to look and may not even fix it. :-( Any help anyone can provide on getting alexa to work on lexus NX would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!