RX450h wiring harness

Reactions
I have a 2022 RX450h. During the severe cold weather in late December, I had rodent damage (parked in garage). My insurance will cover the $12,000 damage minus the deductible. The dealer has had this car for about 60 days and they say they have been unable to get parts for this repair. Anyone having issues with getting Lexus factory parts? I’ve also read of class action lawsuits dealing with soy based wiring in Toyota/Lexus. Anyone with information about this?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Parts, and especially OEM parts, are unfortunately on backorder for pretty much everyone. A mechanic I watch on YouTube recently had to buy an entire subassembly for a GM car because the individual parts weren't available.

Almost all cars post-2000 have soy plastic-insulated wiring that tastes great to rodents. Honda's parts division even sells electrical tape that's infused with hot pepper oils to try and prevent repeat damage and VAG-built cars are notorious for this kind of damage in Europe. But you also see it in every other make and so it's "industry standard". I can't see a class-action going anywhere.