RX400H Stalling

Reactions
Hey, I bought a used Rx400h with 92k original miles. It came with a bad engine so I had the engine replaced with a different one. With the new engine in however, I have codes and the car shuts off shortly after starting it. It has a new 12v battery from lexus so its not that. The codes is has are P3000 and P0A80. When I initially bought the car, the codes I had were P3193 and P0A0F and a knocking engine. Then I had my mechanic replace the engine and now the car doesn't seem to stay on. Any ideas on what can be causing this?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
P3000 means it can't charge the hybrid battery and P0A80 means the hybrid battery is end-of-life. I don't think those are related to the gas engine not staying on, but I'm not 100% familiar with how the hybrid system will behave in the case where the hybrid part is dead.

P3193 that you got with the old engine usually means a bad fuel pump. It's quite possible the pump in the fuel tank is bad and that's why the new engine won't stay running, but you really need a qualified mechanic to take a look.