RX 350 vs RX 450H 2020

Reactions
Lease expiring on our 2016 RX 350 and trying to decide if changing to a RX 450H makes sense...or stay with gas? Test drove the 450H and seems smoother without the multi-gear transmission, speed about same, etc. Would like input from someone that has owned both with their preference and why.

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
I don't have either one, but I will buy a 450h 2020 with car play in November.
I have driven both models, and they do drive differently. I think the hybrid does seem smoother overall and I like the idea of getting better mileage.

Reactions: RAL

mikeavelli

Reactions
Lease expiring on our 2016 RX 350 and trying to decide if changing to a RX 450H makes sense...or stay with gas? Test drove the 450H and seems smoother without the multi-gear transmission, speed about same, etc. Would like input from someone that has owned both with their preference and why.

We have a loaded RX 350 F-Sport, 62k MSRP. When Lexus dropped the price of the 450h, a loaded one is now around 62k. 450h is a no brainer to me. Our lease is up as well, was hoping the LQ would be here but its not so we might move to a 450h.

The other thing is the 2020 is right around the corner so you might want to wait over the 2019. Hopefully prices stay the same.

suxeL

Follower
Reactions
Personal preference, and seeing how you might be leasing, does it really matter?

Reactions
That depends on how much you drive if you don't mind the CVT. I personally hate the CVT in our Subaru (loud whine and lags) so I'm hesitant to get another. That said, I've never driven a 450h. I've attached the mileage for both trims (2019) from Consumer Reports for your reference.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Having driven both the 350 and 450h pretty recently I didn't really notice the CVT. I *did* notice the better mileage, since it was all city driving and a 10 MPG swing is a lot.

Reactions
I don't have either one, but I will buy a 450h 2020 with car play in November.
I have driven both models, and they do drive differently. I think the hybrid does seem smoother overall and I like the idea of getting better mileage.
Thanks for your reply...sorry about my late answer. Nice to know others are confirming my thought process...am planning to order a 2020 450H :).

Reactions
We have a loaded RX 350 F-Sport, 62k MSRP. When Lexus dropped the price of the 450h, a loaded one is now around 62k. 450h is a no brainer to me. Our lease is up as well, was hoping the LQ would be here but its not so we might move to a 450h.

The other thing is the 2020 is right around the corner so you might want to wait over the 2019. Hopefully prices stay the same.
I am planning to order a 2020 450H...definitely makes sense with prices being almost equal hybrid vs gas. Thanks for your reply.

Reactions

You can download the pdf under pricing to the right.

Weird that you guys seem to get more options (no blue/metallic black for F sport up here) when the car is literally made 45 minutes from where I live...