Reviews: The 2019 Lexus UX 200 & UX 250h

Will1991

Reactions
This weekend I've experienced for the first time the UX interior and build quality, it really amazed me.

This car, regarding to build quality, seating comfort and used materials is in my opinion, a lot better than the competition! In F Sport guise has such an amazing seat, and even in the back seat is very roomy, we can clearly feel the difference besides a CHR, even Mercedes GLA seems like a subpar product... And to be honest, this really pushed me to wait for an PHEV or better yet an BEV from Lexus, was thinking renting an Tesla Model 3 to experience on my usual journeys to really check how it is to live with it but already forget it, was really amazed with this Lexus!

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Lexus UX 250h Hybrid Review: Are You Uxperienced?
Lexus’s littlest offering is nevertheless big on refinement.

As do all new Lexus products, the UX sports the company’s signature spindle grille up front. The rest of the bodywork is a blend of chiseled lines and curves that most of my passengers rated as “nice-looking” or “fresh,” though a few dubbed it “busy.” My test example wore a new paint color, Nori Green Pearl, created especially for the UX. Made with enlarged mica particles, the finish is designed to deliver particularly strong visual contrasts between areas that are directly lit and those in the shade. Photos don’t capture the radiant hue well.

The UX is simply too small to carry the cargo easily swallowed by rival machines like the Audi Q3 and the BMW X1—and even Lexus’s own NX. That said, the UX 250h Luxury is better equipped than the Germans, beautifully outfitted, extremely pleasant to drive, and trumps them all with its outstanding fuel efficiency. If size isn’t a priority but a premium driving experience is a must, you’ll likely find the new UX right on target.

Will1991

Reactions
I'm curious, at least for Portugal we have this pricing:

-> Lexus UX 250h FWD, from 42.500€ to 60.000€
-> Top spec CHR 2.0 HSD, 39,635€

Sure, a CHR it's a better value for money as it should be (it's a Toyota), but besides top spec versions, UX has a good price, specially next to X2 from BMW...

Is it similar to other markets?

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I'm curious, at least for Portugal we have this pricing:

-> Lexus UX 250h FWD, from 42.500€ to 60.000€
-> Top spec CHR 2.0 HSD, 39,635€

Sure, a CHR it's a better value for money as it should be (it's a Toyota), but besides top spec versions, UX has a good price, specially next to X2 from BMW...

Is it similar to other markets?

it is similar... keep in mind that CHR is produced in Turkey, so no customs... while Japanese cats get 10% customs when entering EU, which ends up being at least 12% increase in pricing.