Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

Motor

Expert
Reactions
Taken on its own merits, the LC Convertible is a wonderful achievement. It’s a Lexus worth getting excited about, with a glorious engine, stunning styling and all the hallmarks unique to Lexus ownership.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Debate will never be over. It is not what is better, it is what one prefers.

Manual is does not need electronics, human controls, for better or for worse. I am a manual guy, the only automatic for me is CVT/e-CVT.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
there is something about the LC that feels beyond anything. it maybe even beats the LFA in that thing. i can't find the words.

mikeavelli

Reactions
there is something about the LC that feels beyond anything. it maybe even beats the LFA in that thing. i can't find the words.

Gecko and I have chatted and feel it might be the best Lexus created. When you think of Lexus you would think a GT before an all out badass exotic sports car. Now the LFA showed the full ability of the brand and ten years later the car just continues to grow in legend. It puts Lexus in a realm and conversation unlike any other product they have made.
That said the execution of the LC feels like the full spirit of the brand. No coincidence it’s made in the LFA plant with the same workers.

Motor

Expert
Reactions
It’s still not quite a sports car and not quite a muscle coupé, especially not with this powertrain; but it is a better and more enjoyable everyday-use luxury tourer than it used to be, if you’re willing to pack lightly on those long weekend trips away. And it’d be a very nice thing to gaze at out of the second-storey bedroom window of your Cotswold country hotel, wouldn’t it? Just a little bit weird, granted, but really very nice indeed.

Will1991

Reactions
I know this isn't the main purpose, but:

"The irreducible, bottom-line, real-world abilities of this powertrain are hard to argue with. Put your foot down and the LC 500h takes off very quickly. Ease off and it’ll do 40-45mpg in its urban-dwelling Eco mode without making you try. "

40-45mpg is astonishing.

Premium is at 8.7 USD/Gal here in Portugal, it's crazy.

Reactions
SavageGeese keeping his LC500 forever

I feel like Mark gets a bit too depressing in this video. I don't think the future is going to be that bad for cars.

When we have someone like Toyota and Lexus where they say that their buyers want cars that we currently have right now, then I'm not worried about other manufacturers following suit.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I feel like Mark gets a bit too depressing in this video. I don't think the future is going to be that bad for cars.

When we have someone like Toyota and Lexus where they say that their buyers want cars that we currently have right now, then I'm not worried about other manufacturers following suit.

It’s funny you say that because between the GR 86, RC F, IS 500 and LC 500, it feels a bit like your last chance to buy something from cars "as we knew them" is coming from Toyota. Sad, but true.

Will1991

Reactions
To be honest, I wasn’t expecting the GR86… In my mind, the GT86 was going to be the last RWD, pure-ICE, manual gearbox car in a proper coupe-designed chassis to ever come out at this price point.

Getting a GT/GR86 next to a Lexus PHV/BEV still is a main goal for me.

And I'm glad to say, it's:
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u2.jpg