Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Repeat after us: this is not a sports car. It’s a world-class cruiser, brimming with character

FOR:
Exotic looks, wacky cabin, the noise, the quality, the joy of being in something wilfully different

AGAINST:
The interior tech might slowly drive you mad

Verdict
Lexus blends art, science, lux and a heart-melting exhaust note to create one of 2020’s most loveable cars

mikeavelli

Reactions
I drive this black Vantage quite a bit and the LC remarkably holds its own IMO. The main losses are prestige factor and being much slower. The LC matches or exceeds pretty much everywhere else. The Aston does have a cool full alacantara interior (an option).

Both incredible cars.20200927_105403.jpg

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Aston is like Mazda RX9, they really studied through Mazda design philosophy and implemented the most important parts into body sculpting.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

EVO RATING
+ Concept car looks; muscle car soundtrack; good ride/handling balance

- Soft brake pedal; extra weight blunts performance

There are better GTs and better sports cabriolets for sale certainly, but few are as distinctive, feel-good or satisfying.

mikeavelli

Reactions
When's the last time an aston actually had aston parts? They had two Ford duratec v6's stuck together forever for their v12's and a bunch of jag parts. Not meaning they were bad or anything but not particularly exotic.

This Benz engine works in the Aston as the BMW engine in the Supra.

It’s strong and underrated and puts down 540hp And 600lbs torque which is way over stock. If the Lc has this engine it would be perfect.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I decided to build a new IS this morning out of curiosity, and on the option photo for parking sensors/panoramic view, they have an orange LC in the background. I've never seen this color offered by Lexus before?

1104abc29f1fd2c8c89cae7c2eb31979d77bea707d100723d0a8c5d282555077_BYL-Lexus-IS-Options-Intuitive-Parking-Assist-Auto-Braking-Rear-Pedestrian-Detection-Panoramic-View-Monitor-768x710-LEX-.png