Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

mikeavelli

Reactions
I'm so behind talking about this car. One thing not talked about is how relatively roomy it is for a coupe. Some of yall know I'm a big guy and there is ample leg and head room and it really is wide. A GT86 feels so much tighter as a comparison. My wife and 5 year old ride in it all the time with no issues, though they are much smaller than me.

Will1991

Reactions
@mikeavelli , what's your opinion on the new Supra? For me it seems quite on the small side, even with low visibility, quite worse than the GT86 on that matter... But my I'm not imparcial on that car since if I wouldn't met my fiancé I would be driving a GT86 right now as I simply love that car, but she did managed to change my priorities and as much I wanted to, it's not a family car... ahahah

mikeavelli

Reactions
@mikeavelli , what's your opinion on the new Supra? For me it seems quite on the small side, even with low visibility, quite worse than the GT86 on that matter... But my I'm not imparcial on that car since if I wouldn't met my fiancé I would be driving a GT86 right now as I simply love that car, but she did managed to change my priorities and as much I wanted to, it's not a family car... ahahah

If it kept 4 seats like the MKIV I would have one. I take my son everywhere. That said its very good and the 2021 is even better (haven't driven a 2021 yet). its fast, handles well, shits well, no real complaints except the wind noise with the windows dropped. It is really really bad with the windows down. Today you can get 0% financing on a 2020 and there are even some launch editions left. Very hard car to beat for 50-60k. The Z is really old and you could jump to a Ford GT 350 for that price but its a totally different driving experience.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The backseat is for bags, dogs, and kids. How are they still making the same lazy criticisms?

This is the problem with a lot of car reviewers. How can you assess a product unless you understand the use cases? The backseat is way more convenient for storage than the trunk, especially in a GT you may use on long drives.

You need to approach this car like a burned out professional who wants to toss stuff in the back seat and have a nice drive home. Not someone approaching it with the view of "I need to do an unbiased assessment of this, and throw some spice on it for discussion and views".

The convertible looks amazing. If it has the new LSS 2.5, that car is perfect.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
How are they still making the same lazy criticisms?

I agree and disagree. They need to find fault with something - but for me that's not the thing to be criticising. When was the last time you watched a Lambo review that constantly brought up the lack of storage?

I would be far more cool if they constantly criticised the lack of massaging seats in a car whose sole mission is to be a long distance cruiser. And no thigh support, like...seriously?